ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive shaft Question

Clio 172 Cup
Hi all hopping someone can give me an answer to this one. I was checking over the car last weekend (it’s a 172 cup) and when I was underneath it (wheels on blocks off wood) i found that the N/S drive shaft had a very small amount off upward play may be 3-5 mm. Now the O/S has no movement in any this direction and the only way I can make the N/S move is when I am directly under it and able to push up. There is no nose coming from the drive shaft at all and the car drives fine but as far as I know there should be no movement at all and am just wondering if this is the start off a problem or me just being a bit paranoid?????

Thx for the help

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
don't worry until it starts to make noises or vibrate. the inner end of the short shaft always has some movement