ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft!

Clio 172
Morning Everyone,

Hopefully someone might be able to help with small problem (that seems to becoming a bigger one!).

I've got 02 reg 172 with 16,000 miles on it. Had it serviced recently and one of the front inner CV Gaiters has a slight leak. Garage I use (trust worthy and never had a problem), ordered the part to replace the gaiter but apparently they are sealed on my car so it wouldn't work.

Now the fun and games begin, they have tried to get a "offside driveshaft" but Renault no longer make them new or reconditioned!

They gave the garage the part number 8200118577 but this doesn't seem to bring much up.

Does anyone know of a solution for this? Or a company that still sells them or can recondition mine?

I'm in the midlands area but don't mind travelling if needed.

Thanks in advance everyone (I work in the NHS so may not see any messages straight away, we get busy!) but would really appreciate any help.

Cheers Jon

Clio 172
Borg & Beck BDS1319 (8200352042) fitted to mine, holding up well (44 tooth ABS ring)

Fitted to an 03' 172 PH2 (Non Cup)
Hi pal,

Cheers for that, I can find them on Ebay but it's saying they won't fit my vehicle? I'm new to Renaults and their parts seem to be a proper pain.

Am I missing something my end?

Thank you for the reply, it is appreciated.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hi pal,

Cheers for that, I can find them on Ebay but it's saying they won't fit my vehicle? I'm new to Renaults and their parts seem to be a proper pain.

Am I missing something my end?

Thank you for the reply, it is appreciated.

Ignore Ebay's vehicle fitment checker, it's not always right.

The Borg & Beck shaft will fit a Ph2 Clio.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green1.2
as @JamesBryan says I the eBay compatibility is generally awful. It says that it doesn't fit my Clio either! I got mine from CarPartsInMotion on eBay. (partsinmotion.co.uk is their official shop)

I bought mine as @Krarl has had success with it. His thread is here: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/monaco-172-track-car.817060/post-12426553

You to have to trim a tab on the back of the block to make sure the gaiter doesn't tear (But I think that is the same for all aftermarket shafts, pics of that in thread linked above)

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the Borg and Beck one has been sound. I had one issue with it at a trackday at Cadwell where the splined shaft sleeve had moved and chewed my diff seal

I put a tack of weld on there and it's been sound ever since, done 2 full trackdays and a few hundred road miles

Clio 172
Cheers for this everyone,

I grew up driving Mitsubishi's, nothing and mean nothing ever needed replacing other than the obvious.

My Clio kind of fell into my lap and I couldn't say no with the millage and general condition. Bit of an eye opener!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Take it to Diamond Motors ltd and Mick will be able to replace the boot on the original driveshaft, he has the tools to do it and knows these cars inside out. Probably wont be far for you in the midlands, hes in Nottingham iirc