ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropped a screw in the air vent!! Argh!

BMW 330d :)

I was tightening the stupid cliosport tax disk holder up in my 172 cup and one of the screws dropped out and down the windscreen vent! Its now rattling around like a b!tch! Is there an easy way of gettin it out without takin the whole dash off, as it is driving me mad under cornering!

Fraser

Ford Fiesta

worst nightmare.

Someone lost a £1 last week think there aint an easy way of getting it back. at least your screw will be magnetic though.

Something Im not looking forward to doing come end june, will have to put a cloth over dash or something.

BMW 330d :)

Yeah cos as soon as i take the dash appart it will rattle more than a grannie thats just had a hip operation!

And why is the tax disk such a pain to change in the holder? U need to tape the disk in along with the clear plastic cover! What a pain!

Fraser

Quote: Originally posted by Dan on 30 March 2005

goto halfords and get one of those extendable things with a magnet on the end!
Yip, that is what I would do, should do the job for you.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Errr ... is an easy solution to the changing the tax disc in a CS holder problem. Put a towel on your dash when you do it!!

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

lol i did this he he..... I though fook it, one more rattle to the other 20 isnt a problem :p

Shhh

In my old clio is had money in the dish on the top being daft. One day i slammed on and the cash went onto the dash near the vents. £1 went into the vents never to be seen again. When i cornered you could hear it rattling about going from side to side.

That car is now sold thank god.

Alias

The cigarette lighter is the worst rattle, i took mine out now the rattle has stopped, goin to "borrow" one of those Ford covers saying, "power outlet"

It was me with the £1 last week. It seems to have dropped into some other less annoying part now...hopefully not fan related!

Maybe weve found a new use for mesh - sod the front and back of the car....Im off to cut me some "Vent Mesh" (tm) - see you on Ebay!

[Edited by yee_har on 02 April 2005 at 9:32am]

172 cup

he he. Thats why i got rid of my richbrook holder on my 306. Every time i got new tax it was a nightmare. Ended up taking it off and just getting a normal vinyl one.

i dropped £3 into the dashboard of our works transit van the other day! luckily it was the bosss money! lol