ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dropped iphone 4 in cup of coffee!! help!

An orange one
arrrrgghh stupid slippery iphones! had it since launch day last year and always been super careful with it, even though its naked theres not a mark on it,

tonight i was browsing on it on the couch with my coffee in my lap and slip, right into the cup for maybe 1 second until i got it back out...

was only an inch of coffee in the bottom of the cup, phone seems to function fine, wierdly my minimalistic home screen has disappeared and now page 1 is full of the apps that were on page 2 etc, but otherwise it seems fine, i dried all the ports out and its sitting on a tea towel on the radiator (making sure its not getting too hot)

im scared to plug into itunes to do a back-up in case there is still moisture somewhere, and i dont have another phone so leaving it in a bag of rice for 3 weeks is out of the question, ive read online that you should turn it off and leave it off but it was on when it went into the tea so i cant see why?!

really didnt want to upgrade to a 4s, doesnt excite me for the extra expense of it...

An orange one
just noticed, on ipod mode there is no sound regardless of volume, i think its goosed!!

wtf it wont stay turned off....i slide to power off, screen goes black, then the apple logo appears and it starts up again :(

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
On the gadget show they done a thing on what to do if this happens, the one they got the best results from was holding a hoover on all the openings to literally suck all of the water out.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Here is a section from their website

Suck it up
Our final suggestion is good, old-fashioned suction power. Switch on your vacuum cleaner and watch it forcefully remove all standing water – and any unwanted dust or dirt – in mere moments. Of course, the danger here is that anything not bolted down might go along with it, so make sure all components are firmly attached so they don’t get suctioned away into the bowels of your vacuum. Which is most effective? Well, it depends on the gadget, and how you go about things. But one thing is for sure: act quickly, and act calmly, and you may be able to save even the wettest of gadgets.

It says the most effective method depends on the gadget but on the programme they definitely said the hoover worked best on phones.

An orange one
well i think i have been VERY VERY lucky, today the phone seems to be working fine, speakers are working and all is functioning 100%!!!

that could have been a big dip into the ipad fund! phew!

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
putting it in rice doesn't do anything as rice doesn't absorb water till it gets above 50degrees, just turn it off and put it in the airing cupboard, and get a pack of silica gel, the little packets that come with new shoes and put it in a sealed box with that, careful if you use a radiator or hairdryer as they can easily melt any internal soldering

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
Mine fell out of my top pocket whilst i was brushing me beef and into the bowl of water haha

was in there for a couple of seconds, never missed a beat - mint bit of kit :D