ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drove an EVO VI yesterday!

f**kING MIND BLOWING!!!! santa i want one.a silver one with tomi mak strips done the side.i;ve been very good this year!

freinds have rexs which i drive (occasionally),but this is a different league.awesome grip and the kick in your back as it just pulls and pulls,nearly as good as sex.then again?

but at the end of the day its just a little mitsubishi that you wouldnt evan look at twice if it didnt have the body kit and wheels(just look in side one at the dash and your see what i mean,very nice seats though,recaro)

but that kick in the back.........................

Good on road, underwhelming on track. I havent driven a evo 6, but an evo 7, not sure what the handling differences are (?)

Gone off Evos myself, they are no doubt extremely rapid, and in certain lights look the nuts, saw a lovely Evo6 in dark blue metallic in W1 the other day, looked slammed, must admit did have me drooling everytime i went for a fag, although now the mighty TVR TUSCAN is going to be my next car after my 172, prices are falling to around 25k...couple years they will be 18-22k for an early one....and they really are a beast

does it matter....the traffic light grand prixs are calling!

but i do like the look of the evo VI.much cleaner especially those headlights. saw a yellow one the other day,police magnet in that colour me finks.

(they still only come with a space saver spare though! as it was wearing it,ouch).

my boss had a tvr tuscan, lovely motor. But he had alot of reliabilty problems with it. I mind we had a wee race on the motorway, me in my 1.2 and him in the tvr.

Hehe honestly it looked like i was braking:) i doubt he was even trying lol. off he went:)

My dad almost crashed a demonstration tuscan just by changing down from 4th to 3rd! This was in the dry by the way.. The dealer also admitted he wrote one off doing the same thing in his first week of the job....so id fancy my chances in my 1.2 against you Dan!! They also fookin stink when warm (made of glassfibre remember..nice, not!) plus they break down every 5 mins. Unless you are an amazing driver with bottomless pockets..i wouldnt get one. Look nice though :)

have you seen the tuscan R ? yes please,dosent matter if it broke down still looks the dogs b****cks on the side of the road.

I had my EVO 6 for 10k miles. Awesome car. Close to perfection when it comes to handling, brakes, steering, gear change and driving position.

Fuel consumption left something to be desired, after a while I started getting pissed off about the cost of super unleaded and servicing every 4500 miles, expensive tyres etc etc.

So it went to another owner! But I do think everyone should own one once!:cool:

My friend has an Evo6 pushing 310bhp on a T plate (running optmix). With him two up and me with my stripped (and I mean bare! - one seat, no door cards etc....) mk2 with a realistic 185bhp+ no cat and optimax + octane booster, until 3rd gear there was very very little in it! he couldnt pull away from me. We were hitting 100 before he could consider pulling level with me :)

Okay, once hes in 4th youre shagged - but I regularly drive the EVO and it hits TV at 156mph (With the spoiler on the middle hole). Imagine having that Sadev box & LSD.... it goes to show what a gem the 172 is :)

Its worth pointing out that clutches become consumable when slipping them that hard :-(

The owner of this one i drove complained about servicing cost too, especially diff oil !........apperantly its the same intervals as the oil and theres two of them.also tyres (outer edge especially)only last weeks if driven proper like) but if you can afford the car you can afford the running costs (i include speeding fines in that two).

but i still want one.

how difficult was it going to 172 after the evo pillesnoppen?

Well, actually I had a small tax problem, and sold the EVO in January of 2000 after almost a year. So, I thought, what to buy in the interim, before finances pick up again, and we bought a 306 Rallye for 13400. Truth to tell, I didnt expect the Rallye to compare, but boy did I learn something. Although the 306 was nowhere near as fast, it was pretty astounding, and I learned that you can have just as much fun for half the price. Sure, I didnt overtake many 911s and Z3Ms anymore, but hey, who gives a sh*t when you have a car as adjustable and throttle lively as the Rallye!

We then bought an Integra Type-R as well, and that was pretty good too, but then misfortune struck and I had to take 13 months off work with illness, so Integra and Caterham( we had one of those as well ) had to go. My wife( bless her ), was one day reading EVO Magazine in the summer, the issue in which the CUP was announced, and asked if Id like one of those. An hour later we were at Renault...

Its pretty good really, on road its not in the same league as the Rallye, but then few cars are, but on track it REALLY shines, and makes us both grin from ear to ear. Driving position and gear change are the main gripes, but for 13 grand there isnt much to touch it in terms of driver involvement.

Still, every time I see an EVO, I get ideas... Watch this space!;)

Defo agree with that, I went from my tuned Evo VI (340bhp)to a Clio Williams (164bhp), and to be honest I found the Clio more of a hoot 90% of the time. In the dry I really didnt find that much difference in the cornering abilities, both understeered, just the Evo was much quicker coming out of the bend and on the straight., but speed doesnt always equal fun. Do agree that you need to own an Evo at least once though if you get the chance!

Nissan R35 GT-R

If you have really driven an EVO and you really are THE STIG then you would know where the intercooler spray button is wouldnt you? So come on Stig...where is it?

:D

I know! let me answer please!

Jellyhead, i take it you didnt race from a standing start then, as you would have been wasted.

I went from a clio16v to my evo and all i can say is what is there to own next? Not sure what could replace it??? Not that i ever will!

Nissan R35 GT-R

Adam: Totally agree with you mate.

I know the 172 is a great car. I own one myself so nothing I would say about is is intended as a detrimental comment, but an EVO anything is beyone comparison. The accelleration is devastating, the traction (both off the line and cornering) is superb, and I am totally in love with them and have been for about 5 years now.

I fail to believe a 172 could keep with a standard EVO in any gear - let alone a tuned one.

I seriously looked at an EVO V before I got the Cup, but I couldnt afford to run the thing!

Any guesses on my next car?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I thought they were not making the Intergra Type Rs anymore, or is that just in the UK ?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 13 December 2002

Adam: Totally agree with you mate.

I know the 172 is a great car. I own one myself so nothing I would say about is is intended as a detrimental comment, but an EVO anything is beyone comparison. The accelleration is devastating, the traction (both off the line and cornering) is superb, and I am totally in love with them and have been for about 5 years now.

I fail to believe a 172 could keep with a standard EVO in any gear - let alone a tuned one.

I seriously looked at an EVO V before I got the Cup, but I couldnt afford to run the thing!

Any guesses on my next car?

Totally agree, I own a 172 but I doubt I could get anywhere near one cause they would kick the 172s ass

I think you guys are selling yourselves short. On a rolling start there are quite a few cars that would keep up with or beat a standard EVO. Just read MLR forum (EVO owners get toasted by TVRs and E46 M3 owners in straight lines as well :D).

An EVO would drive away from a 172 but not by as much distance or as quickly as you might think.

Wilf

driving a not-so-slow french snail ;)

The intercooler water sparay button is on the center console in the region of the handbrake... Great toy, whether it made any difference or not to road driving is debatable, but just the thought of it... Plus the whirring noise it made... Sad really.

On the STi Type-R and RA it is sitting on the dash to the right of the steering wheel, but on those cars it can be set to automatic as well as manual, which is good for draining the tank in no time at all...

Jeez, have I blown loads of money on cars...?:eek:

I met an Evo owner recently who (honest truth) carried round a specially refridgerated canister of iced water in the boot to replenish his water spray:confused:

Sounds like from the last reply it was a waste of time - unless he really used it to make slush puppies when he got thirsty in traffic jams.:p

mk2 172

i had an encounter with a P1 and he wasnt that much faster from 40 upwards, but not many people believed me

mk2 172

however i was in a evo 7 exreme 7 racing a lamborghini diablo round the back roads of birmingham, reaching a top speed of over 160 on a straight

mk2 172

now that was one of the best days of my life, infact, whats the evo forum? i will see if the guys in there..............

Craggy,

re your race in your EVO 7 Extreme did you manage to keep up with the P1 and Diablo without spilling your Slush Puppy? :)

mk2 172

wilf, the evo was allover the diablo till well over a hundred, started to lose a tiny gap and was only a few cars ahead when wehad to slow down. it was an evo 7 extreme s or summat, nearly 400bhp, spat mahosive flames and had an antilag.

re the scoob, i was in my rather fast williams, he was letting me go first off roundabouts then reeling me in, he was surprised, dont get me wrong he was beating me but not slaughtering me as a lot of people would expect. people dont seem to realise that 4wd just saps the power on the straights after a certain speed