ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drove the 197 today!!!!!

MKIII 138
rex said:
Probably meant something like, at 140mph the spoiler would create more drag, giving an equivalent loss of speed to driving the car with 14bhp less.

but the car only does 134mph so thats a no-no

Renaultsport 220T
Same diffuser, just not 8ft in the air, like the road going one.

Was just thinking as well, having seen the 197, it's going to cause havoc to the car detailing peeps on here, as they'll have to get under the car with the vinyl cleaner.

LOL

106 GTi
sm_wrc said:
Same diffuser, just not 8ft in the air, like the road going one.

Was just thinking as well, having seen the 197, it's going to cause havoc to the car detailing peeps on here, as they'll have to get under the car with the vinyl cleaner.

LOL

Some do anyway, exhaust mounts are rubber you know :clown:

106 GTi
sm_wrc said:
LOL, I wouldn't put it passed you!, You'll be out with the mirror on the ground next!

:rasp:

What again ;)

prepugfest.jpg

http://www.pughosting.co.uk/205GTIRegister/xsipage/xsi.html

Brisol my lover..
Macca172 said:
Was there not an article in Evo or something, saying that the marketing department at Renault wanted the road car to have a rear spoiler and expose the tail pipes more, but the aerodynamic guys stated that it's essential that the road car has no spoiler and keeps the pipes hidden because the rear diffuser won't work effectively? I'm sure I read that somewhere... Also do the cup race cars have the same rear diffuser as the road cars? I can't tell from those pics.

Thanks.... you got the same info as me..

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Does anyone actually think that Renault would turn up to a day like with cars that didnt have cherry picked engines and blueprinted suspension tolerances?

The proof of the pudding is when you drive the 'road' car and its 15 bhp down and the camber is different left to right by 1 degree.

looks so nice in blue!!! love it

I do like the cup spoiler and would probs get one... however want it in white :)

i like this spoiler aswell

c3_spoiler.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
MarkM said:
Really!?

In what way?

Well, the seating position for a start, its spot on, theres so much more adjustment than in the old one, the turn in is so pin point its unreal, and the brakes!! oh the brakes!!!

But, at the end of the day, you have to live with the looks!!!

Dont have driverslicence
sideskirts_3.JPG

What do you think of this? Elia Roofspoiler, Elia Rearskirt, Elia Frontskirt, Giacuzzio Sideskirts. 18 inch rims

172 Cup
AnthonyR said:
sideskirts_3.JPG

What do you think of this? Elia Roofspoiler, Elia Rearskirt, Elia Frontskirt, Giacuzzio Sideskirts. 18 inch rims

Spolier yes.. Everything else - :dead:

Golf GTI PP Mk7
that white cup racer does look awesome indeed. they need to build the road going one, cuz everyone will want one. i'll sell my testicles if need be for one of those*.

(*certain sentences may contain exaggerations)