ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DS Lite Wireless HELP!!

Clio 197
Hiya,

I've got my MarioCart DS ready to go... only I cant get it to connect wirelessly.

I've entered teh correct WEP code, and my DS is on the router's DCHP client list.

For some reason, I can't seem to connect - I keep getting error 52000 (check DCHP settings).... but DCHP is "on", and all other settings (inluding IP) are on "auto).

Any ideas chaps? :(

Lee

BMW M2C
Have you got a wireless LAN at home or are you using the Nintendo adaptor?

I found that adaptor worked fine, then I bought a wireless router. My Xbox 360 worked fine with it, but my DS couldn't even find the SSID of the network even though it was being broadcast. I had to update the firmware to get it to work and that solved it no problem.

You might want to check your router/wifi access point (should you have one) isn't just set in one mode. Most new devices use 802.11g but the DS uses 802.11b. Most routers are setup to support both, but it may not be.

Clio 197
I'm on mixed mode... 11b & g.

I'm using a belkin54g router...

...not updated the firmware on it... ever!

(I'm sure you mean the router right?)

Lee

BMW M2C
Yeah I was refering to the router.

When you search with the DS does it see the name of your network?

It could well fix it then if it's never been updated. My router was brand new but still had a fairly old version of the firmware.

Make sure you backup your config before you do anything with it.

Lee

BMW M2C
Mine couldn't even see it.

It's a scary moment when it restarts. I hate flashing routers.

Lee

BMW M2C
I'd imagine your router gets an IP address from your ISP (unless you pay for a static one), that'll be the external address. The internal address for the router will probably be 192.168.0.1 or something similar. Your PC will be 192.168.0.x assuming the DHCP on the router is what gives it an address.

So by that reckoning you'll be able to give your DS 192.168.0.x The gateway will be the address of the router. You'll need to find out the DNS server by opening a command prompt on your PC and typing ipconfig /all

That will also give you the subnet mask but chances are that'll be 255.255.255.0 anyway.

It's never easy is it.

UR 197, AB 182 FF
Other possibilities:

Check the WEP key is correct, since the DS doesnt always work with a passphrase
Set it to B only mode
try turning off Security
If you do allocate your own IP, try putting the DS into the DMZ

Clio 197
My Local McD's has a free acces point which all the gamers use.

I'll go there, just to make sure it's not my hardware/software...

...then I'll try all of this again! :S

Clio 197
It's neither INcompatible, nor recommended.

Hmm.... :S

F5D7630-4A

Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:
  Clio 197
^^

Ta,

I want a netgear router actually... it seems to have a good reputation (plus I wouldn't mind using the high-speed facility on my netgear PCI card).