ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DS2500 or Mintex 1144?

Renaultsport Clio 182
Just wondering if the Mintex 1144's are any good really?

I've had DS2500's on my 182 for about 25k now & i'm really impressed with them. Car is going in for an MOT on Tuesday and I've got a feeling that my front brakes will require changing pretty soon after.

The mintex pads are half the price of the DS2500's so was wondering if they're worth a punt or should I just stump up more fir the tried & tested ferodos?

May be worth noting that I don't intend on track use but I live in the valleys so I do blast around the mountain quite often.

Any comments welcome. Cheers

Clio 172 cup
The DS2500's, as good as they may be, have developed such a rep on here that when questioned, everyone will claim then to be the best thing since sliced bread, probably to justify the price tag to themsleves.

I'm not saying they're not good. But, if you've tried them already then why not try something different. It's the only way you'll really know the difference.

172 Race Car
Ive had/used both.

1144's are very, very good for the money. Hard to justify the DS2500's unless you do a lot of track work imo.

What are you using the car for?