ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ds2500

clio 172 luna speedl
hiya all im goin the ring end of next month. now what i wot to ask is: will they eat my disc's thinkin of doin 8 laps so what to drive home on them without worp master disc's

How many track days will they do?

i am putting genuine disc's on. as been told this is the best way to go.

also have a friend who is goin to try the 1144's any gd?

182 Cup
I've not tried the 1144's, but have tried the more aggressive 1177's. I currently run DS2500's - best road/track compromise in my opinion.

Your disks will be fine on DS2500's.

clio 172 luna speedl
been told from clio race team the genuine disc's are the best to run as the bremdo's are copy's of the genuine. am i right by saying this?

how long well they last is wot im asking as i am heavy on the brakes round there

182 Cup
They'll last one hell of a lot longer than 8 laps if you're talking about wear. If you're talking about brake fade I'd say 2 laps.

clio 172 luna speedl
so they'll be gd for when i get home too. like it

thanks 172ben on them tyres mate? mint tyres. lad is well happy with them.

would love to see wot the bodys are like on that motor mate. as everythin else is now done and that the new step!!!! :)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Fred can you pm me a price for Brembo HC's, DS2500, Goodridge braided lines and dot 5.1 fluid delivered to Glasgow G21. Thanks

Weeman sucks ****
you'll warp brembo HC's with 2500's. not a great pad.

any old disc and carbone lorraines and you'll be fine.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
you'll warp brembo HC's with 2500's. not a great pad.

any old disc and carbone lorraines and you'll be fine.

Not true at all, Weve ran Brembo HC disca with DS2500 pads on our track car ever since weve had it, Never had any issues with them they are a brilkliant set up.

We also run them on both my 182 and carls old 172 on the road and no issuses either.

We have recently bought some Performance frictions for the track car to try them though.

You will Warp the disc, if you come off track and put the hand brake on.

DS2500 pads are junk IMO so don't waste your money. Even more important are some decent pads at the Ring, not because of it being hard on brakes (it's not in the general scheme of things compared to say Oulton Park), but it's the temperature/thermal shocks that cause most judder issues. For example my brakes "warped" and vibrated from the FIRST corner because DS2500s didn't like the fast run from the start, well into 3 figures, then hard on the brakes. Ruined my weekend.

Nobody's really warping discs, they are just suffering bad judder from pad deposits and that's the main problems of some pads.

EBC Yellowstuff (yes really!) is a cheaper alternative as they don't really fade and run really smooth which is what you really want. In fact I know these pads don't quite offer the extreme friction rating of some other performacne pads but I know that they will be smooth and reliable and that for me is just as important. Beside when you get judder. Pagid of CL as mentioned are probably best bet.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Lots of brake threads today, one for pads, one for discs, all good knowledge for a new 172 owner, cheers :)

Looks like it'll be brembos and I'll give the yellows a go. :)

Oh and to cap it all off, as with the other thread, anyone got a good link for an ebay shop or similar to get pads at a good price??

Last edited:
  clio 172 luna speedl
me to on the ebc stuff.

i'll add a update as im here:

picked up my genuine front and raer disc's today £163 for the lots inc vat. happy with the price just need pads now front and rear.

anymore help out there?

also can i use any rear pad as the rears do almost nothin anyway?

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Any reason Gaz???

I'm going to need new brakes in around 5k and would like to be clue'd up before then.

Everyone seems to have such different opinions on pads its unreal!!!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Any reason Gaz???

I'm going to need new brakes in around 5k and would like to be clue'd up before then.

Everyone seems to have such different opinions on pads its unreal!!!
Exact same as the genuine Reno ones AFAIK. Very cheap from Euro Car Parts too!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I run DS2500 pads on the front with Brembo HC Discs and DS2500 Pads on the Rear with OE Rear discs... More than enough stopping power, No heat / fade problems when I did RAF Marham Track day last year.

182 trackday racer
DS3000 front and DS2500 rear on a real track car. Those Yellowstuffs arent even worth to mention, tried two sets and they almost killed me some times with random massive fade.

Ferodo pads are very cheap compared with equal performace pads such as Blue/Yellow Pagid. You get what you pay for it is as simple as that. The 3000's are only slightley more costy than the DS2500's.

clio 172 luna speedl
well still not got any pads.
talkin to ktec today as needed to check my top mounts are no faulty

asked them about pads. they told me Carbon Lorraine pads are the best thing i can get
which are cheaper than the ds2500's

so thats another pad in the line up. anyone used them?

williams 2,seat leon
ive tried a few set up including willwood 4 pots, just culdnt put up with the noise. now use pagid blues and brembo discs. do the job well enoug for me. n dont get pagid blues confused with the normal ones.