ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DTM Qualifying + more at Brands Hatch

Fiat Coupe 20vt
First time at Brands today and first time seeing the DTM cars, and i thought they were pretty good. They sound brutal, just like F1 cars, and although it was only free practice and qualifying still brilliant to watch. Great to see 6 Brits in the field as well. Support series were also quite good, Formula 3, ADAC VW Polo Cup, Formula Palmer Audi and the pick up truck racing.

Here's a few pics, comments etc welcome.

DTM practice first;

IMG_4278.gif

IMG_4285.gif

IMG_4319.gif

IMG_4329.gif

IMG_4332.gif

IMG_4336.gif

IMG_4342.gif

IMG_4355.gif

Ralf Schumacher having a slight off coming out of Druids

IMG_4366.gif

IMG_4375.gif

IMG_4382.gif

IMG_4394.gif

IMG_4395.gif

IMG_4407.gif

Formula 3 Race 1

IMG_4421.gif

IMG_4433.gif

IMG_4445.gif

IMG_4450.gif

IMG_4455.gif

IMG_4459.gif

IMG_4483.gif

Polo Cup Practice

IMG_4484.gif

IMG_4501.gif

IMG_4503.gif

IMG_4520.gif

IMG_4522.gif

DTM Qualifying

IMG_4529.gif

Gary Paffett after going off Druids. 2 more people did the same thing in the 2nd part of quali but didn't manage to get put back on track.

IMG_4533.gif

IMG_4536.gif

IMG_4539.gif

IMG_4553.gif

IMG_4559.gif

IMG_4567.gif

Formula Palmer Audi Qualifying

IMG_4647.gif

IMG_4651.gif

IMG_4652.gif

IMG_4653.gif

IMG_4665.gif

IMG_4670.gif

IMG_4673.gif

Thanks for looking.

DTM is the sh*t I watched it on sky sports 2 the other week down the gym. I love it.

Nice pics too mate.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Cheers. Yeah DTM is brilliant, it's just unfortunate there's not more manufacturers in it like there was in the early 90's.

Lovely photos, nice and sharp and great colours.

I heard that the inside of Druids was shut, and also that a few other angles went missing for this weekend. Shame as they make life much easier for a tog at Brands.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Thanks for the comments.

Lovely photos, nice and sharp and great colours.

I heard that the inside of Druids was shut, and also that a few other angles went missing for this weekend. Shame as they make life much easier for a tog at Brands.

Yeah i'm not sure why the closed the inside of Druids, the media pass photographers were they only one's who managed to get in there. I managed to find a few reasonable spots to photograph from, although i think i could've done with a longer lense in a couple of places.

Hopefully it'll be busy there today as i've heard that unless crowd numbers are up DTM won't be back next year at Brands, which would be a shame.

Clio 172 Exclusive
Hope you don't mind me high-jacking your thread Jamie, I just thought it'd save starting another one, for the same subject.

Now my pictures are nowhere near the standard of Jamie's, but here are mine from Today (raceday). I'm a complete novice when it comes to photography so am using auto sport settings.

d71922c4.jpg

2d934986.jpg

890e99af.jpg

34215349.jpg

68cf2ebb.jpg

3d587af6.jpg

e24bdddd.jpg

6fb77d49.jpg

2854c1b7.jpg

1d2a2d35.jpg

8f7f27a3.jpg

5b5110ae.jpg

254a1b1e.jpg

It was my first time seeing DTM racing, and I'll be returning to Brands next year to see it again :approve: (I hoping it will be back Jamie, as the crowds were 6-8 rows deep in places, it made finding a spot to watch difficult) . I kept seeing people walking around with ear defenders on, and I thought 'what's the point in coming to a motorsport event, and blocking out the noise!'. It was only when I got to clearways and the top part of Southbank that I realised why! They sounded like Fast Jets passing your ear at full speed :eek: .

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
very nice pics.

Why do the have all the fins and slits round the back end of them

Clio 172 Exclusive
very nice pics.

Why do the have all the fins and slits round the back end of them

I'm guessing they're similar to the aerodynamics on F1 cars, to allow the air to flow over the bodywork more smoothly, (although it doesn't look smooth!). I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong though!

Do they help create downforce too?