ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Duke Nukem Forever

Po-LOW
my mate had it last night and said the loading times were a real pain, which made me think they must be bad as he is well patient and wouldnt mention it - the feedback from reviews seems much the same too and i know its niggly but that kinda thing really puts me off

Bux

Golf GTD
Loading times are fine on my PC, and mines not exactly built for gaming, takes a few seconds to load and then press space to go into the game.

Im loving all the cheesy Duke phrases in the game :p

"I'm thinking of redecorating in brain matter grey"

Po-LOW
well im really not into pc gaming bur im glad u pc guys are not having the loading issues

ill keep an eye out for this in the bargain bin, ir at least rob it off my mate when he is done lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
After reading about loading times, I'm installing it to the hardrive before I even play it! :)

Don't have a choice on the PS3, installs automatically, and still takes an age to load! :(

Have played it for around half hour. Graphics... are crap! It's PS2 graphics.

But, it seems a lot of fun :D has made me laugh a few times already, good interaction with things around you etc. hopefully it'll be enjoyable until the end.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I Think you need to have played and enjoyed the originals to appreciate its awesomeness. If you don't then you just won't "get it" tbh.

We have been spoilt with fancy fps's for years now, its nice to have a game thats stuck to its roots and i'm really enjoying it so far.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yes :)

The graphics are woeful, which in this day and age there is no excuse for. The gameplay is very linear and mundane as well.

I Think you need to have played and enjoyed the originals to appreciate its awesomeness. If you don't then you just won't "get it" tbh.

We have been spoilt with fancy fps's for years now, its nice to have a game thats stuck to its roots and i'm really enjoying it so far.

^ Exactly.
I'm finding those that are moaning about it, haven't played the original's when they first came out.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I did play the original and liked it, but that was many years ago and things have moved on (considerably).

Milltek'd clio 182
funny init, i love the old duke nukem, theres been alot of hype, an people have said its shi*te, i wont purchasing it at any time......LETS KICK ASS AND CHEW BUBBLE GUM

F82 M4
Well thanks for the comments lads. I'll get it when it's cheaper. Quite disappointing, thought it would be awesome! :dapprove:

Skoda Fabia vRS
im glad i bought it, takes me back

just been searching 'titty city' for a vibrator for a stripper

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I played this yesterday on PC.

Utterly shocking. It looks out of date already and plays worse than the original.

Pretty much the most linear game I've ever played, and really not enjoyable for it. All the weapons feel crap besides the Devastator, too; really under-powered.

Massively disappointing. I didn't want to believe the reviews, being a huge DN3D fan... but it's bad.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I really think people are just disappointed because they expected the wrong thing.

Its not about being a next gen shooter its about taking you back to the old skool days of duke nukem which I think it does really well. If you wanted a next gen non linear shooter then you were always going to be disappointed, they're old hat now themselves its nice to have something thats different from what is now the norm.

I bought it wanting a game to take me back to my childhood memories of duke nukem 3d and this game does a sterling job of it for me, i'm really enjoying it.

It seems there are many mixed views on this game. I'm not sure what people expected. I mean, was the original even any good? Probably not. I once thought Jetpac was the best game ever made but I emulated it some time ago and it was rubbish beyond belief.

DNF was only ever going to be a DNF.

Skoda Fabia vRS
I really think people are just disappointed because they expected the wrong thing.

Its not about being a next gen shooter its about taking you back to the old skool days of duke nukem which I think it does really well. If you wanted a next gen non linear shooter then you were always going to be disappointed, they're old hat now themselves its nice to have something thats different from what is now the norm.

I bought it wanting a game to take me back to my childhood memories of duke nukem 3d and this game does a sterling job of it for me, i'm really enjoying it.

exactly this !

they have done a brilliant job IMO and if you dont like it, what were you expecting ?

Goliath I
Had a go of it earlier, brilliant.

The bit in the footy field brought back memories. The little extras like bench pressing, playing pool and Dukes quotes adds to the charm.

The shooting is pretty much easygoing arcade blast what you can, a nice relief from most fps.

All in all, early play dictates an easy going nostalgic shooter, with multiple babe references

Hail to the King babeey!