ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Durability of Carbon Fibre splitters

Here's the pug 1 fitted

20081218288.jpg

20081218287.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Panda, how much trimming was required to get it to fit, looks like theres a join in the middle. Did you do that or does it come in 2 pieces already

Ian

Focus TDCi
Get the thin Megane splitter. Costs about a tenth of the price of the cup splitter and looks almost identical. I don't really understand why more people haven't gone for it. Will try and find a photo now.

Edit: Best I have at the moment, sorry. It's one piece and just requires a couple of inches at either end chopping off. Cost me £25 from a breakers, but I've heard they sell for less usually:

3095220379_246cb558c7.png

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Does it have any aerodynamic effect?

(I can read, thank you)

It's an identical copy of the OE splitter so no benefits over the standard splitter, but Renaultsport did at one point release figures of the supposed additional downforce the cup spoiler/ splitter pack had over not having it fitted. doubt anyone will find it now though

I nudged mine yesterday, hit the kirb and it left a nice scratch smack bang in the middle. Whats the easiest way to polish it up again? Paint it with lacker or something?

RS Clio 182
I was quoted today by Renault £155 for a 182 splitter. Anyone know where in Surrey area I can get this cheaper or off the net? I`m not interested in those carbon splitters. Cheers

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I was quoted today by Renault £155 for a 182 splitter. Anyone know where in Surrey area I can get this cheaper or off the net? I`m not interested in those carbon splitters. Cheers

Thats the price I was quoted, and I've not found one cheaper yet. Can't find them 2nd hand either.

Hopefully Bic can get up and running with the GRP/ e-glass splitters before I give in and buy some carbon

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've managed to get the price down to £108.50 if I pay cash, worth it or should I just get myself a Streamline Carbon one, It'll match my foglight surrounds. lol

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Yeah my dad works for them and they happened to have 1 old 1 left in stock and want to get rid of it, so I can possibly get it discounted from the full price of £155

Artic Blime 182
I can't find it on their website, but it's on their ebay shop. Streamlines carbon is of a lot better quality and manufacture being pre preg and not simply wet layed, but read there website and it describes it much better.

It's £130 +/- I think on there ebay site so it's still cheaper than the standard plastic Renault splitter.

Bic, thanks for the PM, keep me posted

Thanks bud :D but i cant find where it describes it ever. Just one more question is it just one piece, i am sure i have read some where that it is two. Does any one have a picture of it off the car in all its pieces if its more than one? ta :eek: