ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dvd recorder with freeview ????

anyone have one of these?
i am looking to replace our video but would like to buy a dvd recorder with freeview.
the questions is can you record a freeview channel and be watching another freeview channel or is it the same as the old video way of what you watch is what you tape.

thanks

Joec

Bumder With A Buffer
my gf's one will only tape one channel and you cannot watch another program. Its a sony HDR blah blah blah!! (not sure of model)

Only sky+ has this feature???

I have a Topfield 5800 PVR which i s just like skyplus.
It has a 160 GB hard drive. You can plug it into your PC via USB and it can burn what you want off the HD onto a cd/dvd.

Very good piece of kit. Stop live TV and all that!

It has a 160 GB hard drive. You can plug it into your PC via USB and it can burn what you want off the HD onto a cd/dvd.

hi mate
you say you can plug it in to the pc and burn what you want to disc.
can you go the opposite way and watch movies or programs that are on the pc through the settop box

joec.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Good piece of kit. I own a Inverto IDL7000T which has a 160gb HDD and can record 2 channels while watching back previous recordings. I may even have some for sale soon at a good price.

hi mate
you say you can plug it in to the pc and burn what you want to disc.
can you go the opposite way and watch movies or programs that are on the pc through the settop box

joec.

I dont realy use it for that but im sure you can

visit www.toppy.org.uk lots of info on this there

Octy VRS
Yeah PVR is probably the way to go. I have a Sony DVD recorder and it is fine as I tend to only use it to watch films and record stuff when I'm out or spmething's on the other side. It does have only one digital tuner but so does my TV so it doesn't matter!