ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamat?

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
I've been thinking of sound deadening my boot floor to cut out the low bass drone of my exhaust (for music listening purposes) and have noticed a few competitors to Dynamat on eBay.

Are these products, such as eDead/Fatmat/RBLOX/Brown Bread, as good as Dynamat or are they all much of a muchness? Some of them are cheaper than Dynamat.

Oh and anyone else done the same job, and how much do you reckon I would need for the boot floor? eDead recommends a 30sq ft roll.

Can you double layer this stuff for extra effect or does it not work like that?

Polo + Micra
i don't think it has any effect at all at quitening down the exhaust as i found out

it's to decrease the panels resonant frequency rather that sound proofing

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Really? Sound proofing is specifically what most of them advertise.

So you did yours and didn't notice any sound difference then?

Polo + Micra
yeah did the whole boot floor and lid in dynamat xtreme

didn't seem to make one bit of difference to exhaust drone

V6 Exige, GTR R35
i did the same with dynamat extreme - quietened it down a lot but will always be able to hear it mate!!!

Black 172 MK2
i thought about this but then i thought it would make the car heavyer lol oh and brown bread is ment to be top notch from what iv heard.

Polo + Micra
Serg said:
i thought about this but then i thought it would make the car heavyer lol oh and brown bread is ment to be top notch from what iv heard.

not a patch on xtreme:D