ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dynamat

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

hey guys i need some help so far ive dynamated front speaker bays and part of the boot if sum 1 could give me a hand doing the rest i would be bloody gratefull

I recon that if someone who works in teh industry could offer it faitrly cheap they would have a great little earner going

*hint, hint*

172 FF

I used Dynashield spray in my doors, dont know what difference was cos I put new speakers in after Id done it.
Anyone else tried it?

Mondeo STTDCI

Spray is hporribly messy. I used it for hard to reach bits and little corners. Dynamat is great.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

clio mrk 1 bootlids are wicked after u have used expanding foam on them, well worth it, what other places do u want to do ?

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

well lunner i got mine from helfords managed to blag it for £15. nin it does i tell ya it makes a differance my doors dont vibrate at all. and malice i wana do all the gay little rattles like the rest of me boot its supriseing how much off a role u use ive had 1 roll and ive got like a squar foot left its not so much the doing it it the time it takes thats why i want sum help if at all poss

it weighs alot more though doesnt it? been looking to sound proof my car now ive done my install and it seems that either dynamat or brown bread are the best

YEAH IT DOSE BUT IT DOSE DO THE JOB MY HOLE CAR FLOOR ,DOORS,ROOF PANNEL BOOT FLOOR ARE DONE AND THE CAR IS ALOT QUITER TOO

dynamat and brown bread weigh quite a bit, its heavier than you would think and roof lining is even heavier - not sure of the exact weight but it needs to be thick for it to do a decent job and if its thick then its gonna be heavy

i was the same as you but now ive finished my install it would be a bit of a shame to have all the little rattles and i dont really use the clio for speed, its more for summer cruising

right dynamat weighs more than flashing tape dyna mat has a lining of lead in it ffs flashing tape is just bitumin and a thin plastic cover

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

yea lunner differance is malvern has nout to do. wen u gona colour code that bloody bonnet man. r u goin to the next clio meet in cov my first meat at frankley was ace

hehe, join teh vlub mate, i live in a small town, wiht nowt to do.

Bonnet is done dude, it has other additions too, alot has changed since the last meet.

Will be in cov, as its about 40 mins for me

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

heh im in the middle of luner and rancid i live in a place called bourton on the water lol, about 30 mins from stratford, and 30 mins from malvern lol,

u can get ali and lead flashing tape, which is pretty identicle to brown bread, tar with a metal layer on it, ive done my boot in this stuff, did the floor and rear arches in it, and did the boot lid with a layer of flashing tape, and then filled it with expanding foam, its like a solid mass now, and the only thing that rattles is the rear wiper which im gonna take off soon ne way, only other prob is if the volume is up to high, the rear glass on the boot lid flexs like a b**ch lol

I know Borton on teh water - i live in Shispton-on-Stour, not too far away from you.

Work in a DIY store, and so can get that flashing tape - flashband its called, at cost price, but it weighs a ton

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

luner u going to fcs ??

if so im gonna convoy up with some rtoc people, as im on the rtoc stand but will be passing not far from shipston (i think) going past the scooby garage by the roundabout...

Yeah i know the ones its about 5 mins up teh road from me.

Unfortuantly im not going to FCS, rihgt sat the wrong time with exams.

You comming to the next mids meet in Cov? Its only about 40 mins from me