ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamic DNS..

Bumder With A Buffer
Right im looking to get some CCTV set up here at home and need some advice on DYNDNS please.

My girlfriends Dad has a Kguard set-up at his and it causes issues becuase he is with bt and obviously BT dont give you the same IP address all the time. You can go onto the Kgaurd website everynow and then when you notice it is down and re-set it with the new IP address but thats not ideal.

I digress.

I am now with SKY and noticed in the router settings that it can have an option to automatically sync to a DynDns account. Guy at work mentioned they do a free one on the site but I couldnt see it? :S

Now without paying £10 a month for a static IP a DynDns account seems my best option to log in and view my cctv remotely (if need be).

Are there any other options?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
If your router only accepts the DynDNS stuff, then I'm not sure you can run anything else through it (might be wrong on this)

DynDNS removed their free stuff in December I think

They do a 14 day trial if you just want to try it out, then after that it's 30 dollars a year

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah I noticed they seemed to of removed it...gutted :(

I suppose what I'm saying is dynamic DNS the only way? I have access to better routers then the one sky gave me

Clio Cup Racer
Im using www.no-ip.com

Its free and works a treat. I had a program on a server before that which emailed me when the external IP changed but there was a delay between me getting the email and making a change for the DNS. Now change is made straight away.