ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamique Alarm (CAT 1) Renault

Just been into Renault dealer. They want £299 for their cat 1 alarm incluing fitting. This works with the factory imobiliser and key fob.

Is this worth it or is there better out there.

i think its a good alarm, its got the interior sensors, i have all door and window sensors so it beeps if not shut plus i paid extra for the corba level reference monitor. stops jacking it up.... oh its loud

Ive got the alarm on mine I like it as its a manurfacturers one but unless you realy want to protect the car or need it for insuracne its not worth it.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

does this alarm have a time limit on wen the door has to be closed/engine started/locked etc....???

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Can it be fitted after a few years? Id like to get a cat1 for mine and not convinced that aftermarket ones would be fitted right (heard a lot of horror stories)

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 14 May 2004

Can it be fitted after a few years? Id like to get a cat1 for mine and not convinced that aftermarket ones would be fitted right (heard a lot of horror stories)
They can be added aftermarket I belive as mine was but in at the dealerships. I wouldnt woroy about other companies installers just find a good one (there are a lot) and you will be better off.

As to time limits well I dont think there is any Ive left my car unlocked before and its stated no problems at all. There is a time limit of 20 seconds or somthing were if you unlock the car and dont open any door or the boot it relocks but thats it.

Ford Fiesta

I had one done by dealor £300 fitted. No problems with it very reliable and works well with cat 2 system.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the cat 1 alarm that dealers fit is made by cobra (decent firm/make). all alarms go through the same thatchem tests so they all should be a good as each other (ones in the same catagory anyway)