ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamique oil problems *HELP*

I am having problems with my 1.2 16v Dynamique. In the first year it used all its oil. Renault had a look and said nothing is wrong, even tried to tell me that this was normal.

Since then it has used about another half. Its books in again on thursday. Im expecting the same outcome as last time. Renault cant expect me to keep booking it in every 6-12 months for this problem?

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? and does anyone have any tips for me when I go into Renault?

Thanks

Rik

on a few of the new ren engine like this with the daft plastic over the top manifolds the rocker cover gasket is dodgy and oil pours out the back.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

have a look at your rocker cover gasket

£50 says its got a leak

What oil are you using?

Im not sure what oil is in it cos Renault filled it up. As for leaks I havnt seen any. The brake fluid bottle was covered in black stuff the other day, not sure if thats around the area where you are talking about?. I havnt seen any oil on the floor after its been parked so Im puzzled. The oil doesnt run out suddenly, it just seems to use it quickly over time.

What do you think I should do if Renault say that there is nothing wrong again??, I cant keep going on like this!

Rik

Ive the same problem, i topped the car up with oil and now its very low again. I havent noticed any oil leaking either. Its due a service soon, so hopefully the renault dealer can explain. I hope its not a big problem!

stephen_a. Make sure you take it in because theyll probably fob you off like they are me, and youll want this fixing before the warrently ends!!

Anyone got any tips on what I should do if my dealer says there is nothing wrong for a second time?

Rik

Mine went through THREE full loads of oil in the first five months of ownership, no leaks just bedding in the engine components, Its been up on the ramp every month at a Ferrari garage being checked by my mate and there was no residue anywhere, Has settled down now, so now worries, Just a common thing with many new engines apparently