ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamique vs Expression vs extreme

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was

Dynamique > Extreme > Expression

Not sure of all the exact differences, I'm sure there's been many threads on this tho...

Mercedes C Class Sport
dynamique and extreme are part of the sport collection, expression & authentique are part of the freeway? i cant quite remember but the dynamique came with sport seats covered nicely, abs, trip computer, fog lights, sport spoiler, leather steering wheel etc. the extreme had gash coloured seats and most of what the dynamique had.

320d
The dynamique has the most toys mate i was after one but i got my extreme VERY cheap and it had air con so i'm happy.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
dynamique with more toys :S i have driven my sisters which is a Dynamique and theres nothin different than the Extreme 1......

320d
well i have the extreme 4 and the dynamique has a sunroof,electric mirrors, rear head rests, side airbags, auto wipers and headlights that the extreme 4 doesn't.

BMW M135i
dynamique with more toys :S i have driven my sisters which is a Dynamique and theres nothin different than the Extreme 1......

The extreme 1 is a dynamique with the gash interior. The 2,3 and 4 are where they start to miss things.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
ahh right, i have the Extreme 1 then. oi the interior aint Gash, i like it goes well with the silver :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
extreme depends on the model and year as to what it has and doesnt have, dynamique has all the toys auto wipers, lights, cd player as standard (after a certain point, they were tape players to start)

both extreme and dynamique have sports seats, dynamique has nicer ones tho and has the fancy headrests!

Dynamique came in 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v, 1.6 16v, 1.5dci 65,80 or 100 (BHP)

expression has crap interior, still has heated and electric mirrors tho (unlike extreme 4) has rear headrests, some have aircon and electric sunroofs, comes in 1.2 8v, 1.2 16v, 1.4 16v and dci 65. no auto lights auto wipers or trip computer tho.

guess, but yal be wrong
i have an extreme 05 plate and it has fog lights, trip computer, leather steering wheel, blue and black seats, but doesn't have a sport spoiler, so as far as i'm aware the difference between an extreme and a dynamique is the sport spoiler

CLIO DCI DYNAMIQUE+
I have a DCI80 Dynamique+ so what's plus stand for? it has AC but not sure of any other difference to a normal dynamique... oh yeah it's group 10 :mad:

ford focus
I have the extreme one its got the lot sport spoiler, foggies, sport seats, slightly tinted windows etc but must admit i have gone off the interior stains too easily

Shed.
Quick question : what are the diffrences and which one is better.

expression is almost the shittest, bog std crap. However it does have a button which you can recycle air in the car with, a very useful and nifty feature everyone needs which is not available on the "authentique" . Pfff.

Extreme does not have air con but does have the "boulstered" seats. As far as im aware, my cousin has one and i had a peek the other day.

Dynamique is the nice one, boulstered seats, air con and a leather steering wheel with alloy wheels make it the "sporty" and fun version of the clio besides the renaultsport range.

dynamique and extreme are part of the sport collection, expression & authentique are part of the freeway? i cant quite remember but the dynamique came with sport seats covered nicely, abs, trip computer, fog lights, sport spoiler, leather steering wheel etc. the extreme had gash coloured seats and most of what the dynamique had.

dont think my extreme looks gash:S

029.jpg

Quick question : what are the diffrences and which one is better.

expression is almost the s**ttest, bog std crap. However it does have a button which you can recycle air in the car with, a very useful and nifty feature everyone needs which is not available on the "authentique" . Pfff.

Extreme does not have air con but does have the "boulstered" seats. As far as im aware, my cousin has one and i had a peek the other day.

Dynamique is the nice one, boulstered seats, air con and a leather steering wheel with alloy wheels make it the "sporty" and fun version of the clio besides the renaultsport range.

lol...you really dont like your expression do you?

whats the reclying air button all about, my dynamique has one but why would you use it?

so the authentique is just the lowest of the low?

oh and there are quiet afew dynamique's without air-con

Recycling button re-circulates the air in the cabin, rather than bringing in air via vents from outside. Very useful if you're following a stinking van/tractor etc.

Yup I'd heard avoid the authentique, it's the base model (doesn't even have ABS I don't think?)

My dynamique doesn't have air con either ;)

Shed.
not sure if it was an option.

No i hate my expression, but then i am on steelies and am running on 5 doors too.

Yea, the authentique doesnt even have coloured wing mirrors.

recycle button is just a pile of s**t.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Recycling button re-circulates the air in the cabin, rather than bringing in air via vents from outside. Very useful if you're following a stinking van/tractor etc.
It's also useful if you have A/C. The air is cooled a lot quicker as cool air goes back in to be supercooled :cool:

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
my dynamique doesnt have air con just recycling, also in early extremes alloys were an option, i have 54 dynamique and it has the nicer front bumper more like the super 1600.
the extreme and dydnamique also has the colouored trimms int he dash and silver gear insert which wares away really easily(gears painted on wtf?) the autherntique and expression had a grey dash trim and grey gear inserts with imbossed gears, got one for £3 compaired to £30 for a dynaique one, gonna spray it silver when i do my dash trimms.

dydanmiwyes also had alloy door handle and handbreak button and have dark interiors, unlike the authentique and expression which tend to have a light grey interior.
and i'm not sure bu think the authentique only had a 4 speaker set up compaired to the dynamiques 6. Basically theonly difference between a expression and an quthentique is that the expression has a sun roof.

as for the dynamiques, make sure it is a dynamique not a clio campus sport, as they lost alot of the toys
and here is a joke, authentique groupe 2, expression groupe 2, extreme group 3 and dynamiques are usually 4 but advertised as 3. and dynamique billabong defo a grp 4.
i looked at a billabong only difference between that and my car same age millage,alloys etc, was the billa was £55 more for insurance, the dynam was £35 more than the extreme which was £15 more than an expression or authentique

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dydanmiwyes also had alloy door handle and handbreak button and have dark interiors, unlike the authentique and expression which tend to have a light grey interior.

only after 2003 53 plate or there abouts did the silver alloy look door handles, gear knob and handbrake button come in, allong with different interior and different dials. they also had a revised (phase3) front bumper, grill and the headlights had a grey surround instead of a black one, along with the mk2 172 alloys but in 15" instead of 16", they also came with colour coded rear spoilers instead of black plastic ones.

Early dynamiques had the brushed aluminium dash inserts which looked much better and had a dashboard dimmer switch

a newer revision of the 1.2 16v engine was also used around late 2003/2004 using a different inlet manifold, throttle body, ecu and a couple of other things (and best of all an exhaust manifold that DOESNT have a flexi to burst!)

guess, but yal be wrong
i have an extreme 05 plate and it has fog lights, electric windows*, trip computer, leather steering wheel, 3 pedals, 5 seatbelts, boot, engine, blue and black seats, also has the third brake light at the back, but doesn't have a sport spoiler, so as far as i'm aware the difference between an extreme and a dynamique is the sport spoiler

With the electric windows, i only have to flick the switch to open/close driver window, but have to keep hold of switch thing for passenger window. Is this only in the extreme or could this be a difference between dynamique and extreme???

replies would be appreciated.

1.8 8v RSi
i've just red this thread and i dont even care.....i have a mk1 with nothing lol
any special things it did have dont work anymore lol

For whoever said expressions had non colour coded mirrors was incorrect. Dynams are a higher ins group than the expressions. The main difference between the expression and the authentique is that the former uses the 1.2 16v 75hp lump and the latter uses the 1.2 8v 60hp engine.