ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DYNORUN ; How to calculate to flywheel HP ?

RS RIP
Just had a run on a dyno here in the neighbourhood so the power was calculated from the frontwheels; how do you calculate this to flywheel HP ?

The graph shows ; Max. 160,4 hp , 193,19NM Torque. they were well impressed, and honestly so was i !! My car was imported and supposed to have come from Dieppe , do'nt know what has been done to the car all this time i've had it. Very lumpy idle but thats normal on a 16v ? Fastchip group N and ITG panel + K-tec Stealth exhaust + sportscat...

The best man told me that i should divide by 0.87 or so to find out the flywheel power. This gets me at 184.36 hp which could be but 222.05 NM torque !!??

Is this/could this be correct ?

I will try to scan the printout and post it up

depends upon the accuracy of the @thewheels figure you've got and whatever transmission losses might be involved - 15% *might* be a reasonable assumption

RS RIP
its normaly a 20-25% loss throw the trans

that would get me at circa 200hp.... :eek: and a shitload of torque also !

They were saying because it's frontwheeldrive it loses 13% round+about .
anyone else care to comment ?

Oh and their Dyno should be pretty correct as they have two "supercar" racers with which they compete so they have to make sure it's spot on (their explanation btw)

I'd really want to know what mods had already been done if I was you. Thats very impressive figures no matter how you look at it.

RS RIP
I'd really want to know what mods had already been done if I was you. Thats very impressive figures no matter how you look at it.

yep, been trying to contact the guy who sold me the car.. no answer :quiet:

I can remember he is , besides group N rally, really into politics. He was also watching a debate on tv when i went by and told me he was fascinated by these people/politics...(politicians always talk alot and meanwhile say nothing it think)

i guess i cannot expect honesty then he ? ;):D

I'm not having the cams done after having seen these nice figures; quite happy even if it turns out to be 185hp. A custom map would be a better idea.. see what Henk comes up with

Anyone for another opinion on the powerloss from flywheel to the wheels ??

2005 Nissan Navara
are you sure those figures arent already calculated as flywheel figures? that would seam alot more realistic.

Ph1
Sounds like its already got uprated cams in it.

The mods youve listed wouldnt get even close to 160 @ the wheels

RS RIP
are you sure those figures arent already calculated as flywheel figures? that would seam alot more realistic.

Nonono , then there would be something wrong with the car now would'nt it , 160 hp !?
nope, def at the frontwheels !

RS RIP
Scannen0001.jpg

i'm such a computer expert....%$^%$%^*%
cant seem to get the picture up

RS RIP
Nonono , then there would be something wrong with the car now would'nt it , 160 hp !?
nope, def at the frontwheels !

most 172's make circa 160-165 bhp....

Yes i've read this.. But with the map, exhaust, and airintake it could'nt be that low

:evil: and ... almost nothing ever keeps up with me ! Golf VR6 last time could'nt keep up, not from standstill (any Cup would be quicker then) but we were going 60+ and i pulled away easily

RS RIP
on the same note, can it be that high?

see your point ;)

Will be doing another RR when in future going for a custom map by Fastchip, then all doubt will be gone..

Thing is, i do'nt know if the car has cams in there.. I kept asking the people there at the Dyno if this was correct ; they were laughing and told me not to worry... right after mine there was a Honda 2000 (?) on there and those readouts were also what could be expected of the car..