ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

e.c.u

Clio 172
Hi all. Ive been a idiot and got the jump leads mixed up jumping my 172 :mad: the battery seems fine but the car wont start now just turns over for a few seconds then stops itself? ive got a feeling the fuel pump isn't working but all the fuses seem fine somebody has said ecu will be ca put, is it just as simple swopping them or does it have to be coded or anything else? Please help im on the tracks in 2 weeks :( Thanks a lot john

Clio 172
Thanks very much. Next question i needed one like yesterday does anybody have one for sale? I cant view the parts for sale? Please somebody help im out in it next week :(

Mini Cooper S
Thanks very much. Next question i needed one like yesterday does anybody have one for sale? I cant view the parts for sale? Please somebody help im out in it next week :(

Hi mate I have a ecu/uch key etc for sale not sure if it will work on a 172 as it's from a 182 you would have to ask someone in the know!

Clio 172
I think i have already sauced one guys thank you very much fingers crossed it works when it arrives but I'll keep you in mind because always in the back of my mind its going to be wrong, also with you saying a 182, could you not put a 182 ecu on a 172 to make it 182 or is that very naive of me lol i need more power haha thank you

Clio 172
Oh i see but its got a 4 branch as standard so wasn't thinking of changing that. Well you seem to know more the. Me so what are the best power upgrades ;)

Clio 172
So really for the likes of oulton park with no major straights im better off with the 182 manifold? Do you have any of them knocking about lol also why cant I go in for sale parts? Thanks for your help

Clio 172
So stick to my original plan of just a de cat back then :) sorry to be a pain how do I join then as I cant see it anywhere or how to add a profile picture

Clio 172
Got a new kit fitted it all and I'm still at square one? Car is justimmobilised ? Is this a call for a auto or have a got to do something else after replacing it all :(

Clio 172
Ecu uch and fob. It's just the same as it was? For all i know could be a faulty ecu again but nothing seems burnt out on either of the parts i taken off though I'm not sure if they would look burnt out? I tried to bypass the immobiliser too but still nothing, just red light solid

Clio 172
Tried that still no go. My friend got a ecu read out and come and sorted it last night was a fuse that didnt appear to be blown but clearly was somehow and a dodgy wire to the fuel pump relay. Thanks for your help dan :)