ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E91 320d M-Sport

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Mine came with full tints, wind deflectors, M Sport number plate surrounds but the finest was when you opened the door it projected a BMW sign on the floor.. :tongueclosed: That was a shock when I first opened the door at night. Jesus Christ. I still need puddle lights as I've disconnected them in shame.

I've got my glow plugs and swirl flaps to attempt tomorrow..

:smile::smile::smile::smile:

My pal put those puddle lights on his X5...... what a super c**t.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So, washer pump packed up a couple of weeks back, and then at weekend I got the Car on a Ramp service thing on the dash. Couldnt be fucked rolling round on a cold floor, so it got fucked off to my mates garage on Tuesday. Picked it up the same evening. It had actually cracked the washer pump, so that was replaced. I asked him to do the thermostat given the low MPGs it's been getting, and he also replaced the drive belt while he was there are it was chirping a little.

Finally, turns out the warning on the dash was for break pad wear sensors at the rear. The pads were shot and cutting into the disc a little, so he skimmed my discs and put new pads in, gave the coolant a flush with fresh anti freeze and even washed it for me.

£220.00 all in. I aint gonna grumble at that, saves me getting my hands dirty.

Next, it's EGR replacement and a backbox delete

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Out of interest what does a backbox delete achieve? I see people do it but I don't understand why?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Out of interest what does a backbox delete achieve? I see people do it but I don't understand why?

A little bit more noise, especially if I do the centre section too.

But mainly for looks, because the standard one looks like a droopy dick

31828424610_2e402a745c_c.jpg
2017-01-09_08-40-25 by Phil Cookson, on Flickr

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ahhh, I don't have the droopy issue with it being a 6pot. Fair enough.

Clio Dci
The droopy exhaust normally means it came from the factory without a DPF. Presumably to throw the soot at the floor rather than over the back of the car. The slightly later ones with a dpf don’t have the droopy exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
The droopy exhaust normally means it came from the factory without a DPF. Presumably to throw the soot at the floor rather than over the back of the car. The slightly later ones with a dpf don’t have the droopy exhaust

Quite right. But they look awful.

Did you do your exhaust in the end? I may keep mine a little longer and thinking of sorting the exhaust as it looks shat.

I also went full chav on mine and fitted a black grill..:smile:

27912977379_cfe972f0aa_c.jpg

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Nowt wrong with a black grill

33948652765_33c60a9939_c.jpg
2017-04-10_08-06-00 by Phil Cookson, on Flickr

I've done nothing to it. Not even washed it recently. Wheels need a refurb and, in all honesty, I'm bored to s**t of the diesel. I want another 330i, so going to get it MOTd soon and then put it up for sale.

@Cookson have you still got this or have you sold up already?

I’ve a favour to ask if you do, I’ve just bought one and when I’m the engine bay cleaning the other day I noticed a stray wire

b60fd0745cfe1789badfbc39d912d692.jpg

Reckon it could be cooling fan wire but I can’t for the life of me see where it should be. I came from the harness tagged to driver side inner wing. If you get a sec could you have a look at yours and see if you can see it and take a picture?

Really appreciate it!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Yeah, still have it, but due to the inept f***s that live round my way, I've left it on the drive today, so will try to get a look later for you

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
What are the fronts wearing like? Quite common for rear toe to be out

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
What are the fronts wearing like? Quite common for rear toe to be out

Fronts seem fairly even across the tyre. That is toe-in, you can see it's really accentuated when standing alongside from above. Still not booked it in mind, need to find somewhere decent that is local.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I think BM charged £80 something to do our old e91 - I could of got it done slightly cheaper at a local place with a hunter machine but it was already going in