ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E92 M3

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks great, don't think I've seen one in that colour before.

Just needs Meercat exhausts new exhaust he just done for one, unreal noise.

Merc A class
Nice car, Get some proper photos!

Yeah my mates had all the e90 m3 series. Silverstone vert, Dakar Coupe and now white saloon. I don't call 0-100 in the 9's slow unless your driving something ridiculous?

Sounds familiar! isit James?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Om nom nom, love it! Theres a vid on Youtube of one with the exhaust sleeved and it sounds fantastic

Leon Cupra 300
Looks lovely.

Is it the actual Competition Pack or is it just different wheels?

I'd get rid of the spacers myself but other than that, mega.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Rather than quoting numerous posts, i'll try and cover a few in one go.

The colour is Silverstone II...iPad photos, hence creating the illusion that it's something else. It wasn't at all the colour i was aiming for rest assured. Infact it was one of two colours i didn't want to start with; not because i dislike it, but moreover because it's the most common and possibly the least satisfying once clean. Now that I’ve got it, i absolutely take back my original thoughts, it's a beautiful colour and the flake pop is fantastic. Sure it's not got the deep shine like Jerez or Carbon black...but I’ve warmed to it.

It certainly took some finding, those who have me on FB will have been bored of the numerous posts humming and hawing between different cars. M3/C62/RS3. Of which i drove all three and loved aspects of each. Overall the M3 won out mainly on cost...

As a comparison to the Z4MC, the M3 is in another league. I 'enjoyed' the Zed for four 4years and over 30k miles, but imo it's flawed in so many ways and let down with shoddy build quality and poor damping. I struggle to find one thing I truly miss about the car, which naturally didn't sit well with the Z4M community when i was feeding back on the M3; but I’m in a fairly informed position to comment now; so they can sniff my manky ring!

The M3 in short is comfy, quiet (perhaps a little too much so) fast, agile, balanced, well equipped...but at the flick of a button and switch becomes an 8500RPM monster!

For me, my priorities changed...i wanted Semi-Auto as the majority of my driving is town based and the thought of another heavy manual was unappealing. So the 1M was out, i also think it looks fussy and the interior is pisch too. The M135i is dog ugly and again didn't even consider it as a worthy competitor, i appreciate Chris Harris liked it as value alternative. But the sub M brand just didn't do it for me.

Only car that came really close was the RS3, the car is simply epic, perhaps not as driver focused as the M3, but as a daily is probably better, the engine was also a masterpiece, but coming in at close to £40k it was a couple of grand too much!

I'll endeavour to post some better pictures...sometime.

Jew out.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Still undecided on the E92 M3 at the minute, they are for nothing now as well, dct's seem to be more money though. Just seem really heavy and not massively fast with no torque from my experosnce. They do look good on csl/competition pack wheels like yours though, be interesting to see how the market reacts to the new M3/M4 when it comes.
​Russ

Don't agree mate, been in loads and after owning e30 m3, e36 evo, e46 m3 and z4m its just not what I expected an m3 to be, I'd much rather have an M135i or 1M.
​Russ

Each to their own of course. But having a shot in one and owning one is two very different concepts; it's forms a very different perspective.

The M3 is significantly faster than the old S54 lump. (Z4MC which i see you own) It feels slower as it's heavier, but as you creep past 6k it's a rocket.

Both the 1M and M135i benefit from the Turbo, but again i find it a little odd that you jump to their side given your previous ///M car history. (N/a)

TTRS, 172 Cup track
Each to their own of course. But having a shot in one and owning one is two very different concepts; it's forms a very different perspective.

The M3 is significantly faster than the old S54 lump. (Z4MC which i see you own) It feels slower as it's heavier, but as you creep past 6k it's a rocket.

Both the 1M and M135i benefit from the Turbo, but again i find it a little odd that you jump to their side given your previous ///M car history. (N/a)

Nice car mate, im sad to see future M cars will all be turbo. Booo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ali I assume the M3 was used? Wouldn't a used RS3 be cheaper also?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Proper lovely motor that, and I actually quite like the understated silver with the somewhat overstated (is that even a word) wheels. Works well.

I did love your z4m, but I guess you nose that.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Suprised you rate the RS3 so highly Ali... I fcuking properly adore them aswell. My sister's boyfriend has an immaculate ibis white RS3 and i love it.

I'd love a sepang blue one, it would probably be the car i'd buy if i came into money first tbh. Does everything well!

Classic mini P 996
Looks awesome i have on myself! iv seen your post on M3 forum too.

intrax look well..

I had a Z4MC a year ago and this is miles better in many ways the V8 in the M3 won awards! it truly is a screamer and i am getting 20.6MPG! not bad i recon.

Enjoy I'm currently ordering a Xpipe for mine looking forward to noise!

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4
Look at you big boys with your big boy cars, 1.2 all the way.

Seriously though i'm super jealous, such an epic car to have.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Personally I think the RS3 should have been a mental S3 but they went sportback only so they lost me slightly although it suits most buyers probably and it's simply immense to drive.

I could have driven the one I was in for days. So competent and quick.

Eh?

Please do explain this. I already know you're wrong.

Basically what Gally said. I was a massive fan of the S3 as it had a 3 door option and even though its a refined Audi it still retained that hot hatch feel

I think the RS3 is a bit pointless being 4 door only as it basically looks like an A4 now. I prefer the 3 door look. IMO