ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eagle F1's help

CSX

172 CUP!
What's difference between 195 and 205? i'm assuming the 205's are better? looking at getting some myself!

Clio 172 ff
XLs should have slightly stiffer sidewalls, as they are made for higher loads. But it probably won't make much of a difference. Sidewalls are awefully soft on the GSD3s anyways. So, if you're just planning to use them on the road, the regular ones (no XL) should be fine.

Clio 172 ff
If GSD3's are softer than average would I not be better off with the XL's then?
Mind you the standerd of the roads round here are s**t at best:mad:
Seeing how soft the sidewalls on my XLs are, I really doubt that the regular ones would be much softer. They might give a little more comfort on bad roads, though. Track use is a completely different matter. But if you're planning on doing that, I'd recommend not getting the F1s at all.

Speed ratings!
Well, the "V" is the speed rating and stands for speeds up to 240 km/h (149 mph). The number, however, is the Load Index. 80 means one tyre can take a maximum load of 450kg, 84 stands for 500kg. Thus the F1 with a load index of 84 is called XL.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I had the F1's all round on my 172FF.

I went for the XL ones, just becasue they were slightly cheaper and it's not exactly a bad thing for the tyres to be able to take more load.

I really liked them once they had worn in and they lasted well.

I currently have them on the Megane as well.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Beware of these GSD 3's!!

I was looking into changing from the Exalto's I currently use on my 182.

Many on here pointed me in the Eagle F1 direction. However there's a difference between the GSD 2's and GSD 3's. Grip and handling characteristics differ to a fair degree, with the GSD 2's being the better tyres.

If you are serious about Eagle F1 GSD 3's make sure they're the European version and not the Asian type. Our's are marked with an E I believe.

I'm gonna hang on until Eagle F1 Asymetric's become available in our size. According to testers these really ARE an excellent all round tyre. Money can't buy much better for road usage.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
GSD 2's are a safe bet. The GSD 3's E marked could be ok, but what I read about em' really put me off.

If you can afford to go up 205 you'd be well advised to. It will help with more grip. However I think your wheels are an e.t of 38? If you go for an increased width in tyre you could foul the arches when lowered more than 25mm as the tyres will slightly protrude more than the 195's.

cock mobile.
GSD3s are very good tyres.

But they won't last long, but if you can get them cheap it balances out.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
No one knows how long it'll take for the asymetric's to appear in our sizes. Could be six months to year perhaps.

205's are certainly an advantage in the performance dept. Though at £66 a corner for 195's a bad price that isn't.:)

From opinion on here you won't regret DS2's.