ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Earth strap and loom earth locations

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I'm just about to connect and locate all earths if possible after refitting engine .

could anybody point me in the rite direction to where they all are within engine and loom

I believe there's a big one on the gearbox , not sure if I removed it when i had the box out so may need one !

also been advised of the loom earth which attaches onto gearbox

any guidance would be good , hoping to get it running this weekend

Many.
Should be one from the end of the gearbox to the chassis, although think some later ones they changed this setup, I forget.

Loom earth to the right side of the engine, over the gearbox goes above the diff, it shouldn't be that hard to find. Thats the only ones I can think of right now, Can't remmeber if there is anymore.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I'm struggling to get access for the loom one as all the piped are on !

Does it it just go onto one of the bolts on the gearbox case or Is it a bolt with a nut ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
What's the best way to get at it ? From above or below ?

ive got all my hoses and expansion tank etc all fitted which is making it hard for access

LY FF182
I'd go from under neath and go by feel.. It's quite an obvious wire. Having said that it's quite easy from the top if you remove the airbox and intake pipe

Remove passenger side wheel and arch liner and you will see it.

956-4038-large.jpg

Other ones to check are the couple behind the headlight near the airbox intake pipe they rust up a bit too and need a good sand down and lube

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Ive done these but not turning over what so ever.

Ive got power to the dash etc.

wonder if its summit to do with starter motor .

I cant get at it to see !