ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easy place to wire power cable through bulkhead - Clio 182

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Clio 182 - I need to run a power cable to the battery in the enginebay along with some other wiring. Has anyone run cables to the interior without majorly stripping the car down?
I cannot really use a longacre bulkhead terminal as I have suspension wiring to add in too (electronic damping)

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Below the bonnet pull. Theres a gap in the grommet that is perfect for this.

Have to remove the PAS bottle to access it.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Ok. So attack it from engine bay side and thread through? or remove the door trim suround and pull up carpet to get to the grommet?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ok. So attack it from engine bay side and thread through? or remove the door trim suround and pull up carpet to get to the grommet?
You can access it under the glovebox without removing anything. It's pretty fiddly! If you can use a screwdriver to make the initial incision, then empty a pen out and push this into the hole. From here you can feed the power cable through the pen.

TBH its easiest just to drill the bulkead.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Below the bonnet pull. Theres a gap in the grommet that is perfect for this.

Have to remove the PAS bottle to access it.

I tried this when I was fitting the oil gauge.

Fucked it off and just drilled a hole and stuck a grommet on it, put the wires through and then stuck some black sealant in to seal it up proper.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Easy peasy

27848431777_691ab393d2_c.jpg

Attachments

• 27848431777_691ab393d2_c.jpg
    27848431777_691ab393d2_c.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 61

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I tried this when I was fitting the oil gauge.

Fucked it off and just drilled a hole and stuck a grommet on it, put the wires through and then stuck some black sealant in to seal it up proper.

Show me your hole James
b5c75897c7497291152ccc5cdbcd4c5a.jpg