ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eBay Scam Question

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi, I've just sold a phone on eBay, ive got home and got an email...the usual b****cks about having a son in Nigeria who he wants me to send the phone to yady yada ya.

Now, ive never had anyone try to scam me on eBay before but luckily i have read of other people’s misfortune.

The final value fee on the item is £4.50...could someone please tell me how i go about claiming this back? Or what i have to do next.

cheers

ps heres the email for your amusement more than anything....

Dear Seller,
I am very glad that i can be able to buy auction on ebay and won.I would like you to confirm to me that the item is in very Good condition as I wont be at home to sign for the item,i need to attend to some important issue in Asia that cant wait.

I'm sure you must have noticed that i am from United Kingdom but i want this item shipped to my partner son in Nigeria in West Africa.

Kindly post the item directly to my partner son in his citadel of study where he studies arts and cultures as birthday gift.

Agotola Ishola
13 Folarin street
Lawanson, Surulere
Lagos 23401
Nigeria

I want you to get back to me and give me the total amounts including the postage via Royal Mail to my partner son in Africa

I will be making the total payment via paypal after you have replied my e-mail,

Do get back to me as soon as possible if you have any question.

Regards,

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
haha my partner son, his citidel of study.

he is from great britain but must not have gone to school haha/

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
On 'my eBay' there is an option to show item as sent etc, click the drop down box and there is an option there. They dont charge you. Usually the scammer will no longer be a member and you get your money back almost instantly.

This happened to me 4 times whilst trying to sell my old phone, in the end got rid of the Buy It Now option and stuck on a reserve.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
what i dont get with these scams is, Surely they send you the money, then you send the phone out, AS SOON AS THE MONEY IS IN YOUR HAND.

Why are these scams? Its not like you send the phone before they have paid is it?

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
well from what i can gather they send you a fake paypal email saying you have received an instant payment which tricks people into beleiving they have been paid.

Ive supplied him with postage costs...lets see what he says lol

Postage to Asia will be an extra £250.25 the total for this item is now

Sony Erricson W810 - £90
Standard Postage & Packing - £10
Postage To Asia - £250.25

Total - £350.25

Regards,

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol

Dear Russell,

Thanks for your mail,i really appreciate your quick response,but i will like to let you know that you mis understood me by believing i ask you to post out the item to asia,whereas i want you to post it to the boy in africa.I gave you the address of the boy in africa to which you will send the item to.

Please with that postage cost you gave me,i will like to know which courier service charges that much?
Though i will prefer you send the item through Royal Mail Signed For to the boy in africa.

Please i will want you to calculate and get back to me with the total cost of the item including the shipping cost to africa and also provide me with your paypal email id so i can make the payment today cos i want you to post out the item unfailingly today.

Hope to hear back from you.

Dr

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
Postage to Africa will still remain at £350.25, this is due to the weight of the item and the distance it travels. Royal mail only provide signed for delivery within the UK. Delivery will be with Westward Freight services

I do not accept paypal and the auction clearly stated this, I think the best way for you to pay me would be to put the money (£350.25 in pounds sterling) in an envelope and post it to me, you can find my address on eBay.

Regards
in hein seight i should have bumped the postage but its still all good

i googled a random fright company btw lol

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Just file a non paying bidders report, he's hardly likely to challenge it, then file for your listing fees.
Its almost an automatic procedure now.
Just to round his day off file a fraud report against him and ill bet hes gone in 24hrs.

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
Just file a non paying bidders report, he's hardly likely to challenge it, then file for your listing fees.
Its almost an automatic procedure now.
Just to round his day off file a fraud report against him and ill bet hes gone in 24hrs.

i will do, i have to wait till the 18th until i can do that though so just waiting his time until then

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf GTI PP Mk7
pure genius sir.

alternatively, post something phone sized, but not a phone, i dunn what, use ur imagination :)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You don't need to wait to do it if you re-list the item.
Send him a house-brick, COD. theres a shortage of house building materials in Nigeria :evil:

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
fair play to ebay they have just emailed me saying they have automatically repayed me my listing fees as the bid was unauthorised bla bla bla
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dear russ.sims,

The following listing(s) have been cancelled because the bids that were placed on them were submitted without the account owner's authorization:

300110577432 Sony Ericsson Walkman? W810i Mobile Phone

To protect both yourself and the authorized account owner we removed the listing(s) and credited all associated fees to your account. We are also restoring the bidding account to its rightful owner.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. You will need to list the items again through the "Sell Your Item" form or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we sincerely apologise for this. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.

If you have any additional questions you can contact us from any eBay Help page. Please do not reply directly to this email as we will not receive your response.

We thank you for your understanding and assure you that we're constantly investing in your security and maintaining the safety of our site.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
[/FONT]

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
ive sent him one last email, its all bullshit...but you every second he spends reading this email is 1 less second he has to scam people

Jim, Im shocked to hear that you were trying to scam me. LOL

You make me sick, I just hope others learn of your kind like luckily I had done previously, im glad I was able to waste as much of your time as I did.

It would also appear you are not as clever as you like to think you are, I supplied ebay with this email address who have formed close relations with verizon, verizon have supplied your ip address to the local authorities along with details of were you were connected at the time of these emails being sent.

Your scum, you low life f**k.

Trader Rating - 100%
16   0   0
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
been pretty hassle free for me, ive quite enjoyed waisting his time. didnt have any plans 2day anyway lol