ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ebay *sigh*

Fiesta ST-3
Listed my camera on ebay last night and within 3 hours someone had hit the buy it now button for £150. Happy days I thought.

But since then I haven't heard a bean? I sent an invoice with no reply. Now I know a lot of you will be saying it was only last night but the user has no feed back, trade history etc and a user name halala.122

Am I being pathetic? Or do you think I've been mugged off? If so what steps do ebay take etc, what do I do?

Thanks Scott

there is no way they mug you without you been stupid

i put my ipod on and some women from nigeria had brought it. i then recieved emails from "paypal" (i put "paypal" because i noticed that the font used in the paypal logo was different to that used on the actual site) so that got my alarm bells ringing. I received some emails from "paypal" saying that the buyer had sent the money and it was coming through, however when i checked my payapl account there was no recollection of this. I then recieve emails from said buyer, begging me to send it to her as its her husbands birthday in so many days and she needs it before then!

I sent an email saying i beleive this to be a scam and left it as that, and i recieved no money into my account so i presume i did right

in your case just be careful, as you said its only been a day, give them a little longer and if they dont pay up put it back up for sale, dont send anything before you have the money in your paypal account

Fiesta ST-3
Yea its the frustration of having to relist it when I have a few watchers etc and all this time I'm now having to wait when I'm most likely going to have to relist it.

People who click buy it now then don't pay straight away should be shot.

I used to have a shop and people do it allllllll the time. They were only cheap items too.

They've probably done it so they've definitely got it and they'll pay you after payday.

You can prevent this by choosing the option of when people use buy it now it requires instant payment, or else the item still carries on for sale.
I always do this, to prevent the above.

Just email them and such, if you hear nothing within a week contact ebay and relist it.

Fiesta ST-3
You can prevent this by choosing the option of when people use buy it now it requires instant payment, or else the item still carries on for sale.
I always do this, to prevent the above.

Just email them and such, if you hear nothing within a week contact ebay and relist it.

I didn't realise that. Thanks for the tip.

Fiesta ST-3
Well it turns out the buyer has responded to my email asking me to request a payment or forward payment details. But every time the have replied it has been 12 midnight or 4.30am which makes me think they are foreign along with the poor English. I stated UK delivery only, where do I stand with that?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think if BIN is used it's not unreasonable to expect them to pay right aways, pisses me off when people don't. Mainly because they will then moan and expect it to be posted day after they pay.

Clio 182 cup'd
Wait 4 days, if there is no payment then open a dispute, after another 4 days, close the dispute, get a refund and relist the item. A pain in the ass but at least you get the final fee's back.

Fiesta ST-3
Just to update, I had an email from ebay yeasterday saying

Our records show that member halala.122 recently won one of your items. We'd like to let you know that ebay has cancelled all this members bids due to issues relating to their account. The buyer is no longer a registered user so you are not obliged to sell the item.