ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Economy Drop moving to 197

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
My Wife has a 182 and gets pretty much 40 mpg out of every tank. She has am A Road Commute on empty roads at 50-60 mph.

What would that drop to on a 197?

You must be able to get reasonable economy out of them with this type of driving. Would you see 35 or 36 mpg.

I know most people see high 20's but I guess that is with spirited driving/town stuff.

BG 182 FF
40mpg how do you get that out of the 182, I get 30-32mpg? I didn't even get that out of my 1.2. Off topic but would like to know.

BMW 320d M-Sport
I get 29/28 out of my 197 when pushing along, normal driving is 31.5 - 33mpg which includes some motorway more often than not. Have done long runs before at 60mph and got 35mpg out of it

BMW E30 325iiiiii
i've had 45 out of mine, but i was sitting at 45 mph, for a good 10 mile, didnt last tho when a saxo vtr flew past me lol.

172 mk2 Iceberg
get 40 to 42 over the last 3000 miles worked out on paper not computer as i just couldn't believe it

the 172 seems very economic with some breathing mods only

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I've had a 197, got on arverage 27mpg....... Now got a 172 Cup, and get around 37. Think alot of the low mpg figures you get off guys on here is becaue they are mainly city cars. Most of my driving is A/B roads, and at least 20 miles at a time. I for certain dont nanny any of my cars. Once warm, the taps are opened ;)

Fiesta STripes
All the information for my last 11k miles is here:
352897_41.png

(clicky)

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Some people on here seem clueless how to calculate mpg or drive with some economy when the need arises :rasp:

The Clio 200 gets between 34-40mpg on decent runs, and this is calcualting to a full tank with an engine that had less than 1000 miles on it. I can't imagine the 197 potential being so far behind with smooth steady driving.

PS - The value given by the trip computer over 3 tanks was always 2mpg less.

Fiesta STripes
I've yet to have a decent run which doesn't have lots of stop start.

But Feb we are going to the north of Scotland, that will give me the opportunity!

R27
Round Town I average 27mpg
Using B roads I average about 32mpg
Motorways this goes up to 35mpg

If your wife gets 40mpg out of the 182 i'm sure she could get mid 30's out of a 197

clio rs
Round Town I average 27mpg
Using B roads I average about 32mpg
Motorways this goes up to 35mpg

If your wife gets 40mpg out of the 182 i'm sure she could get mid 30's out of a 197

mine is
Round Town I average 32mpg
Using B roads I average about 36mpg
Motorways this goes up to 47mpg

unless the onboard lies - its average 130miles for £20

Cooper S
If she gets 40 out of her 182 imo she WILL get 35 or 36 out of a 197 if driving it on decent runs fairly economically.

I averaged 28/29 mpg in mine (15 mile trip each way each day mostly m-way with very little traffic) but a couple of times on long A-road runs I got nearer 40mpg when I got stuck behind things for the whole journey.

Tangoed Works
These 197s seem to give worse economy than my Works. I have to say the 182 was the daddy imo. Pace, handling and economy.

2016 Audi RS3
40mpg from a 182!! Whats she doing...... pushing it!!

I get 40+ in my 172. If you live in the sticks (as I do) it's quite easy to achieve - no traffic lights, few junctions, not much traffic, constant 40-60mph speed ;)

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
My wife works Shifts so she is always driving when the roads are empty.

I used the car for a year before and got 32 mpg with a mix of town driving & fun. She does 25 miles each way on emtpy roads in the dark which keeps the speed down & constant.

Most cars get there best at 60 mph or less. She has also got 40 mpg out of my Megane R26 on similar roads. The Megane then drops rapidly at Motorway speeds.

These are all offline worked out figures but the computers in both Renaults Sports are spot in.

Her worst car was a SportKa which did about 36 mpg.

My question was more about people who drive economically and whats achievable. You may then ask why have a 2 litre Clio...... Answer because then I can drive it and not worry about economy!

Mini Clubman
These 197s seem to give worse economy than my Works. I have to say the 182 was the daddy imo. Pace, handling and economy.

the 182 and economy dont go together! i get about 30-35mpg

my bmw used to get 60mpg when going hard hard

320d
I find my 172 economical aslong as your not in traffic around town all the time.

Over 40mpg on A roads and motorways is easily achieveable aslong as you don't go over 80.

Barge
I get 28-32 round the doors, 32 upwards at a constant speed on the motorway, once saw 38 sitting at about 65mph on the M1. Other than that a motorway trip is average 33-36 depending on speed.

Most mileage I ever got out of a full tank was 407.

White clique
29-30 out of mine, and that was town driving / commuting with loads of traffic lights and an average speed of under 24 MPH.