ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecotex valves

clio 1.2
Been looking at these ecotex valves. they have been given really good reviews about better fuel consuption and all round a better running car. Does anyone have one on there car? Or know much about them?

Saphire Cosworth
Imo they are not a lot of good !! Can see the theory but - in practice i really can't see them doing that much if anythin at all. !!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
ive got one on the valver as it came with it, not sure if it does anything but it sounds w**k for some reason?? u can have it for £20 if u want?

A well built VW
Oh No not again - w@nk IMHO of course
This has been discussed several times before and still gets the same answer NO NO NO!!!!

clio 1.2
Well that just about sums it up really. looks like ill save some money and put it towards an induction kit. So what as a better performer an open IK or a performance replacement filter?

A well built VW
You have a 1.2 dont waste your money most ik's lose power and you certainly dont want that - Save up for good suspension (coilovers)and better tyres and your car will be a more entertaining drive

jzr

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
don't buy one i put one on my puma an it mad it s**t on fuel it took it off after 3 weeks.

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
the first time i realised i had one fitted to my car is when the vacumm hose came off it and my car wouldnt idle and i had no brakes :S

Clio 172 mk2
Oh dear

I think that definately concludes the discussion on ecotek valves..the general opinion is that they are bollox and a waste of money.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
this lad i know has one on his vtr and he thinks it gives him more power hahaha

All ecotecs should meet this fella

dustybin.jpg

Tesla MP3 2021
^^^^.lol

dont waste ya time.....big load of elephant s**t....
worse £60 ive spent anyway...lol

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
The Big Yin said:
You have a 1.2 dont waste your money most ik's lose power and you certainly dont want that - Save up for good suspension (coilovers)and better tyres and your car will be a more entertaining drive

i put ik on my 1.2, makes it smoother and faster. AND sounds gr8

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Had one for many many years and tend to get better mpg with it switched on than when it is switched off. With all the cheap ones being sold by those who don't want them, get one and make your own mind up. Simple screw/unscrew to switch on and off.