ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ecu holder snapped

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
is it covered under warranty because ive just noticed mines snapped

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd demand it to be covered, and it's a common problem.

looking for 172 cup
you should have no problem with renault changing it mate had 2 done on warranty.....

Da

Less
Oh I did mine myself, but only because I couldn't be without the car! lol!

It's a right b**ch to do, believe me!

Warranty part though :)

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Do they just replace the bracket...so it can break again? I had mine welded then the whole bit that sticks out from the main part was re-enforced. Re-painted as there wa a bit of rust on the lower part where it fits the battery holder.

Da

Less
Yep, replacement bracket. Nothing more nothing less. :dapprove:

Mine did seem to be a better fit though so maybe it's been revised?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
After swapping my standard ECU with a Grp N ECU I came to the conclusion that whover designed the holder was probably still learning as is a seriously crap design...and as for the ECU cover....are they expecting an atomic bomb to drop on it. Cup owners could save a pound or so here;)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
the computer cover is only there as part of the thatchem rating for the immobiliser it serves no other function. my computer bracket snapped years ago and ive never bothered changing it the bracket still stays in place