ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU Problem?

Hey all,

My Clio 1.2 16v (2002) cuts out at random times when idling...it also has a very lumpy idle.

I have replaced the throttle body, lambda sensor, coil pack, spark plugs and the ECU wiries that were worn due to the anti-tamper box rubbing on them. The problem still exists! Can anyone tell me what else may be causing this? Is it possible that it is the PCM/ECU?

Pleaseeeeeeeeee help, this car is killing me (and my bank balance).

-TS

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
possibly the MAP sensor. I had that fault and i needed a new wireing loom and MAP sensor. Best bet is to take it to a garage and get it on a diagnostic machine.

Umm I assume youv fixed the wires going from the ECU? (sorry just read it properly)
Pm me for a MAP sensor if your interested.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 16v Expression
say you are driving along and you slow down for lights, as the revs hit idle is that when it cuts out after the car revs slightly on its own bouncing up and down off the idle? with the light under the fuel light coming on? if so, mine had the exact same problem, it was the idle control sensor or somthing needing replaced and its fine now the works been done

Daz,

The pretty much exactly the problem except for the light. I think only the red STOP light comes on. However. the ICV is part of the Throttle body which has already been replaced.

R35 GTR
I had this problem when slowiung down to stop, it would cut out. I changed my throttle body over and it hasn't happened since.

Renaul clio 1.2 16v
Yes it does have a MAP sensor sit ontop of the engine. You will see it towards the back of the engine bay. It was £104.00 from my dealer, but i got it for £88 and they quoted wrong price on the phone.