ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU pulling timing at WOT

Flame Red Ph2 172
I've been chasing an issue with my engine juddering at WOT.

I've managed to do some logging and can see that the ECU is pulling timing at WOT. It does this at all revs. Log below. Red is throttle position and green timing advance.

Screenshot_2016-08-14-17-04-56.png

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Cheers.

I've been chasing an issue with my engine juddering at WOT.

I've managed to do some logging and can see that the ECU is pulling timing at WOT. It does this at all revs. Log below. Red is throttle position and green timing advance.

View attachment 162241

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Cheers.
The knock senor could be faulty or it could be picking up on vibration, are the engine and gearbox mounts standard?

Flame Red Ph2 172
The knock senor could be faulty or it could be picking up on vibration, are the engine and gearbox mounts standard?
The ECU would throw up a code for knock detection.

I'm running a poly gearbox mount and dogbone. The knock sensor was new 6 months ago.

I think if it was vibration based it would do it under part throttle at high revs as well.

Forgot about this tread,If you put the standard mounts back on then iam sure it will cure your problem, this happens on a lot of cars with up rated (undeveloped) engine/gearbox mounts.