ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU Swap, can it be done?

Clio 172 Cup
I'm selling my cup and wanted to remove the RS Tuning ECU from it and hopefully sell it.

What I need to know is if my car will work with a standard ECU from another car. Will it require any kind of hacking before it works in another car or will it just work if I swap?

BMW M135i
The ECUs are coded with the UCH etc for the immobiliser so its not a straight swap. You have to get yours unlocked so it could be recoded to another car and the same for the replacement you source aswell, then you'd need to get the replacement standard ecu coded to you car and the remapped ecu would also need to be recoded to the next car it is fitted to.

BMW M135i
Because they'll be unlocked so they'll code to the car the first time there used ala the GrpN ecus. They can be reused on another car once they've been unlocked but only then.