ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Editing Canon 400D Photos..Need help

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Went to a VAG show a couple of weeks back, as it was indoor lighting conditions were pretty crap. I had set the camera to a Program with using the standard lens (18-55mm) Set to ISO 400. As a beginner to SLR photograhpy I need to edit to correct the photos, not a clue what to use and how to go about it :eek: . I really dont want the photos looking to bright.

Heres an example of light conditions with exposure bias at 0:
IMG_4797.jpg

Heres another with a 0.3 Exposure bias(Just tried it while I was there):
IMG_4922.jpg

Can someone out there please correct the 2 photos, just stating what you've have used to edit and what the best way of doing it is?

I have the Canon software - Digital Photo Professional and I have Photoshop CS3.

Thanks dudes!

VaVa
Edit to what?! lol

This is just curves/levels/colour balance in CS3

There's no right or wrong. Make a copy of the original picture and just have a play!

IMG_4797copy.gif

D

dick

make sure you set white balance correctly when your taking photos.

makes it hel of a lot easier!

Fiat Coupe 20vt
IMG_4797SZ.jpg

Adjusted the levels and colour balance, and smart sharpened to bring more into focus although it's still not perfect.

As said already best thing to do is make a copy and just have a play on CS3 with the various settings until you're happy with the results.

Also, next time try some shots at iso 800, and maybe start saving for a new lens as the standard canon 18-55 is a pretty poor glass. The rather cheap 50mm would give you excellent low light pics and is cheap as chips!