ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

educate me on peel coat

182 arctic
righto lads would like to add a band 50mm wide of peel coat along the body work edged up with some pinstripe tape..

basically would mark up my band, mask up car, and spray...
peel back the masking tape, that would have overspray on it, so i assume i would have to cut the peel coat? then using a colour pinstripe re edge the band..

what do you think....
its a track day car, so i could actually using proper rattle cans and gloss top coat... but it would be fun if it could be removed after a year and a new scheme applied..

Thoughts??

182 arctic
plastic coat dip as its a feature colour strip.... peel when wet that makes sense....
if you stop and start say did one side, peeled, then attachd the other side, does it bond/overlay with the previous section??
also whats a decent product to buy... need a grey/anthracite
thanks for the help!

182 arctic
helmet or no helmet... loved it that was a brilliant video, guy clearly passionate and good at his job...
plastic dip here we come !! now where to buy some kit..

182 arctic
looked easy.... ish... i wonder how much it would cost to do a whole car kit... £200 might be worth a punt..

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
£300 for the kit then my mate ad his clio done at midland car dip it was s**t lasted a week. But he drove it there they dipped it with 0 prep he says so was never going to last imo

182 arctic
how much did said mate pay for "s~*t" dip.. their face book page is rubbish... which tells me many things, and their website links to an instagram picture site with many nice cars, but most look to be taken in other countries...so clearly not theirs hmmn
their last review was in 2013... all leads me to think its workmanship rather than product that could be the issue with that one..

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
how much did said mate pay for "s~*t" dip.. their face book page is rubbish... which tells me many things, and their website links to an instagram picture site with many nice cars, but most look to be taken in other countries...so clearly not theirs hmmn
their last review was in 2013... all leads me to think its workmanship rather than product that could be the issue with that one..
300 for full car yeh the workman ship was s**t i would be tempted to have a go myself tbh.

182 arctic
ahh got it... ok whos going to be guinea pig............
looks like its only two hundred quid for a clio sized car kit... plus they are only half hour away from me...
best give the lads a call and suss it out...
its either going to go very well or very badly... me thinks

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
£300 for the kit then my mate ad his clio done at midland car dip it was s**t lasted a week. But he drove it there they dipped it with 0 prep he says so was never going to last imo
midland car dip are terrible.
They were the ones who did my Clio before i had it wrapped.

They did zero prep, didnt even clean the car. Which in turn left tar spots to get warm and leak through.

the guys a fool, if he actually prepped the cars the finish would be good.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
midland car dip are terrible.
They were the ones who did my Clio before i had it wrapped.

They did zero prep, didnt even clean the car. Which in turn left tar spots to get warm and leak through.

the guys a fool, if he actually prepped the cars the finish would be good.
Yeh he did my mates 2 was shocking