ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EFI Parts 1000bhp F4rt Renault 5

Chris at EFI Parts ever so close to a 1000bhp F4r but had to stop due to blowing a boost pipe off at 55 psi.
0A03DCE4-53C2-4925-AFF5-75BA645DEA3B.jpeg
9A1DE806-D514-44B8-A0C2-70EC636AD8DC.jpeg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Holy s**t! that is incredible.

Is that a drain pipe sticking out of the engine bay lol

MorroN

ClioSport Club Member
When I went he told me how he first started out with it doing runs down the M62 at 3am mapping the engine ^^

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Serious spec and power , love how it looks as well.

Does anyone know what the cam belt cover section is off , the bit that normally has the upper engine mount on it ?

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Spec? That's insane

863hp at 44psi
996hp at 55psi :eek:

M1 Methanol fuel, which runs at about a 4:1 ratio whereas Petrol would be 12:1. Technically Petrol has a higher energy density per unit consumed but you can burn three times more Meth per power stroke, so even though Meth is just over half the energy output of petrol, because you burn three times more of it you get ~60% more power per power stroke.

(Direct quote from Chris on spec)
This latest iteration consists of a Clio 172 engine block and a Clio 200 cylinder head. Everything is worked of course. In a nutshell: Concrete filled engine block (no water), my own design 20mm thick girdle plate/main cap brace, I-beam rods, forged pistons, dry deck cylinder head, electric water pump for the head only, solid lifters, custom cams. VVT blank, 2x 2200cc injectors per cylinder, GTX4202 turbo @ 55psi and running on methanol.

I think he's about 400hp ahead of any other F4R i've ever seen (although granted this has limited application!), and fact the next most powerful 5 i've seen in the last 2 decades is Robbie Byrnes 1.8L F7R (Clio valver lump) at a smidge over 600hp. The most power I ever saw out of a 5 with the original pushrod 1.4 though was still Glenns >400hp lump (also tuned by Chris @ EFI)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
M1 Methanol fuel, which runs at about a 4:1 ratio whereas Petrol would be 12:1. Technically Petrol has a higher energy density per unit consumed but you can burn three times more Meth per power stroke, so even though Meth is just over half the energy output of petrol, because you burn three times more of it you get ~60% more power per power stroke.

Also it has a dramatic cooling effect on the intake charge, so the engine requires much less or even no cooling, and the octane rating is higher IIRC

Evo 5 RS
Man, it's a shame this needs to be concrete filled. I know it's not ideal anyway, but would be ace to be able to drive it on the road