ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Egg smell, slight misfire at idle, EML light on - 172

As stated in the title!

I'm thinking the CAT is dead. However after doing some homework I've noticed that misfires can cause the above.

It was serviced a few months ago however the HT leads have never been replaced and it's on 93k now, worth doing?

Has anyone had similar problems?

I had the egg smell, and in the end turned out to be the HT leads had been put in the wrong order without my knowledge, I went through HT leads, coilpack, plugs and injectors before I even thought to check.

Just food for thought.

RB 182 cup
i have a friend with exactly the same symptoms.

Fault code was dp308 iirc. Was a sensor on the inlet.

Think petrol in the cat is what makes that eggy smell.

New leads and plugs however the problem is still there.

I removed the coilpack and it has huge cracks all around it. Inside one of the terminals it's a dark brown colour compared to the other three which look ok.
Is this the issue staring me in the face?

renault clio 182
If the coil pack is cracked could be the problem mines was ages ago put a new one on problem solved!

A New set of leads and coilpack and there was still no change!

So I took the Subaru sounding Clio to my friends garage and we plugged it in, it came up with :

Injector circuit - Cylinder 4 open

So I replaced injector number 4 with a new one and It's running better than ever :)