ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Front Springs problem

Revels Mum & Sister
Had my car MOT last week and it failed on a bearing and rear pads need changing no biggy. However what puzzled me was it failed on the Front Springs.

There are a set of Eibach's on there only a few months, apparently at first they thought a small section had snapped off both however it appears the end of the spring does not quite meet the slight dip/recess for the end of the spring.

I am confused are these the wrong springs? Incorrectly fitted? Any suggestions?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Possibly incorrectly fitted. Do they mean that the ends of the springs are seated correctly on the shocks?

Revels Mum & Sister
I think this is what they mean. Bottom of the cup, you have a dip/recess where the end of the spring locates it is a couple of inchs back from this!

PH1 172
I would say they are incorrectly fitted as they should butt right up to the lip on the seat. Take them apart and re-seat them properly and there shouldn't be a problem hopefully :)

Revels Mum & Sister
That is what I was thinking. I have got some standards coming so if that does not work I can whack the standards on and get the MOT done and then piss about with the Eibachs after.