ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Sport Line or Pro Kit Springs

The Sport Line will lower the 172 30-40mm (actual drop), the Pro Kit about 10mm, bear in mind the 172 is lowered 20mm as standard. Ive ordered Koni Adjustables (on car) dampers as well.

Now I only use the car at weekends and will mainly be my trackday car.

Which springs would offer the best handling with the Koni springs on a fairly hard setting? Am I right in saying the lower springs will reduce the centre of gravity and improve handling, or will I be dropping it too much?

Would the lower springs increase the rate of wear and tear on any other components e.g. wishbpnes, bushes?

http://www.clio172.comwww.clio172.com

I have had the pro kit fitted 1 week now and am totally chuffed with the difference. This is only on std shocks!!

I know that I have at least 15mm drop. I wanted better performance and ride quality over ride height/looks and solidness.

The Sport line will drop the car and it will be solid coupled with the koni shock. I reackon it will be a very hard low ride. Depends what you really really want!!

Remember, these little French cars will rattle if banged around loads!!

The Pro kit is 25% stiffer, the Sportline 35% stiffer.

Ive got the Pro kit on my Mk2 172 with a load of geometry mods and the handling is sublime :)

Clio 1.6 16V

Originally had -40mm AVO springs on my MK2 172. Looked really good and handled well on smooth roads but was sh*te out on the humpy/bumpy B roads. Felt like the fronts were bottoming out making the handling unstable. Changed to the Eibach Pro Kit .... next to nought drop but big improvements in handling ...smoother over the bumps and less roll. IMO -40mm is the max drop for the 172 on standard shocks and not ideal for handling. Probably -30mm is about best.