ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach sportlines

Clio 2.0 172
Is it alright to use Eibach sportline spring with standard 172 dampers without causing any problems or is it advisable to upgrade dampers too?

If on standard dampers does it make the ride any harsher than the standard springs or just make it that bit lower? Cheers folks for any info,

Steve

Clio 2.0 172
Eibach sportlines according to Kam racing give a drop of 45mm-50mm but k-tec say its 30mm from memory?

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Sportlines on a 172 will only give around 30-35mm drop. A search in the media section should come up with quite a few pics so you can see how much that effectively is.

audi a6 3.0tdi
Sportlines handle amazing on standard dampers but i wouldn't say the car will look low on them. Mines stripped out and on sportlines and it looks higher than standard

Porsche Boxster987S
just sold mine to G4Z. They give a nice drop (not anymore than 25mm though) and they handle brilliantly.

^^^^^Just changed to the GAZ coilys and they are superb so far. comfortable , surprisingly not noisy and they put it LOW:)

Clio 2.0 172
Haha cheers Paul. Just trying to find out the vest options whilst in the process of finding the right 172 for me. I may consider driving it standard and save for some coilovers

Hi there.

StevenW, i have sportlines on standard new dampers, fitted all toghether 3 months ago.

I've read that eibach spring (pro & sport) are not so much lowering springs, so if you use the standard dampers the setup is ok.

And about comfort, at the begining it seems a little bit to hard, but in a couple of weeks everything seems (imho), and belive me, stability and cornering response is amazing using sportlines, i recomend you to go with this setup.

BTW, i mount solid top strut mounts from K-tec with to complete the setup, so SportLine + Solid Top Strut Mount + Standard Dampers = better handling witout sacrifice confort (imho)

I hope this helps.

Clio 2.0 172
Thanks alot cuy rs,I know really it's all about personal preference but yeah that's helped me out. Always helps to have someones idea,beats nothing lol