ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Springs, not what people think?

172cup turbo & rx8
thats the only difference.

does anyone have any evidence? do they come with spring/poundage ratings to compare the two?

eibach state on there site that the sports are for "aggressive performance" and the pro's arnt

i would put my money on the the sports been slightly stiffer

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Lots of romours on here mate, I have got sportlines ready to go on with Koni adjustable dampers and apparently its the best setup you can get without spending £1000's on decent coilovers!

Eibach wouldn't make a crap spring! like the site says "looks are only a secondary importance" both are really good sportlines are lower but not too low! In my personal opinion the lower the cars center of gravity the better!? Go for sportlines!! :)

260% JCW
Ive tryed both sets on the Konis, Sportlines were by far the best look and feel. Ignore all that pro for snow shite.

Westy. MX5
The Sportlines are a slightly softer spring and lower the car more than Prolines, therefore on a track a stiffer spring is what is required. Also I have tried both versions on my Fabia VRS and the Proline was the best at keeping the car level on corners. As for "Agressive Performance" mentioned on their web site, what on earth does that mean.
I don't care much for how low the car looks though. Prolines are on the Cup and I love 'em.

Trophy #382
I have recently put sportlines on my Trophy and cannot see a difference in ride height tbh, just ride is a tiny bit stiffer/bouncier

172cup turbo & rx8
Ive tryed both sets on the Konis, Sportlines were by far the best look and feel. Ignore all that pro for snow shite.

The Sportlines are a slightly softer spring. Also I have tried both versions on my Fabia VRS and the Proline was the best at keeping the car level on corners

there seems to be a LOT of conflicting opinions!

i have emailed eibach direct and will post the response (if i get one!)

Clio 182
I have always used Bilstein B8 Dampers & Eibach springs on my cars:

On a Saxo Vts I used the Sportlines which were a little crashy on potholes.

On a Golf Gti Turbo I used the Pro-Kit which were a touch more refined.

Both handled extremely well.

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread but:

My 182 FF with both cup packs handles better than both as standard but i'm only using the Clio to commute in and out of Manchester every day - which seems to be pothole central. My Clio came with APEX springs on it when I bought it and the ride is awful.....I'm having to get the tracking done every three weeks!

I am going to replace the APEX with eibach but i'm torn between the PRO KIT or the Sportlines. Although I have experience with both kits on different cars - what are they like on a cup packed clio for ride quality/handling.

Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Cheers.

Stripped yozza'd cup
To be honest, ride quality/ handling wise, there's not a lot to tell between them. If you want the drop, get sportlines, if you don't, get pro's.

I don't think you'll like the look of it on prolines after having apex springs on.

Clio 182
To be honest, ride quality/ handling wise, there's not a lot to tell between them. If you want the drop, get sportlines, if you don't, get pro's.

I don't think you'll like the look of it on prolines after having apex springs on.

Was thinking that tbh, I do like the look of it slammed but I do want a little more comfort! Sportlines it is

Clio 182
Friend drives his 172 on Sportlines and my 182 Pro-kit and difference in height is minimal. :S Don't know about comfort, my dampers are bit hardned so it's bit stiffer. Oh and there is almost no difference in Pro-kit and standard spring (height wise) but it handles well. I'm happy with that.

Megane GT
Yeah Ive been having the same dilemna as to whether to buy sportline or proline. Some people say one thing, and others say different. On standard dampers, which will be lower and stiffer?

there seems to be a LOT of conflicting opinions!

i have emailed eibach direct and will post the response (if i get one!)

Ill be interested to see what they say :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Yeah Ive been having the same dilemna as to whether to buy sportline or proline. Some people say one thing, and others say different. On standard dampers, which will be lower and stiffer?

Ill be interested to see what they say :)

Sportlines are a lot lower.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Good thing they come with a 5 year warranty from point of purchase.

Because due to the rear spring design (Pigtail) they are prone to fatigue and snap..

You are better off with a rear platform spring set-up IMO

Si

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Sportline's are definitely progressive. Mine's all velvety over rough roads compared to standard. I'd say Sportlines work better on the Cup, as with less weight to support, the Prolines would put it up on stilts.

Clio 182
I was told that the sportlines were progressive and the pro's were a constant spring rate.
Pro kit are also progressive. Like I said only big difference should only be height but it's also minimal according to my 182 on pro and friends 172 on sport. Most of people aren't gonna feel difference so if you'd like to lower bit more, buy sport, if you don't like to go to low, buy pro.

Sportline's are definitely progressive. Mine's all velvety over rough roads compared to standard. I'd say Sportlines work better on the Cup, as with less weight to support, the Prolines would put it up on stilts.

I dunno how you've managed that!

I've got Eibach Sportlines on my cup with standard shock absorbers and it's hard! It's a more harsh ride than the billstein shockers and springs I had on my 106

Sportlines are definitely not all show - been round the ring and done a load of track days and I love my eibach's
So much so that I'm ordering Koni Adjustables to go with them instead of coilovers :)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I dunno how you've managed that!

I've got Eibach Sportlines on my cup with standard shock absorbers and it's hard!

Don't get me wrong, mine is hard, but only when you load it up.

At the beginning of the spring's travel (the progressive bit I guess) it seems to have a lot of give, so the primary ride, running over manhole covers, rough surfaces etc. is nice and smooth.

Out on track in April so will see then how it feels when used in anger :approve:

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have had prolines, sportlines, apex and std cup springs on my car. this is my veiw:

prolines- improved handling over standard. less roll, slightly firm. tiny bit more crashy than std. but no lower than std

sportlines- improved handling over standard. less roll, slightly firm, tiny bit more crashy than prolines but not much. lowers the car 30mm which look about right.

apex- not as good handling as standard. less roll. very firm, crashy. skittles around corners. looks great, lowers the car about 50mm on mine.

my verdict is pro's for go, sport's for go and show, apex for show.

Clio 182
i have had prolines, sportlines, apex and std cup springs on my car. this is my veiw:

prolines- improved handling over standard. less roll, slightly firm. tiny bit more crashy than std. but no lower than std

sportlines- improved handling over standard. less roll, slightly firm, tiny bit more crashy than prolines but not much. lowers the car 30mm which look about right.

apex- not as good handling as standard. less roll. very firm, crashy. skittles around
corners. looks great, lowers the car about 50mm on mine.

my verdict is pro's for go, sport's for go and show, apex for show.

So for a 182 everyday driver which is used for up to 2000 miles a month. Mainly city traffic/motorway commutes and crappy roads, with the occasional spanking... Would you go for sportlines or prolines?

Stripped yozza'd cup
The bloke at the top summed it up..... If you want drop, go for sportlines, if you don't, go for prolines.

b/g 182, meg tourer
So for a 182 everyday driver which is used for up to 2000 miles a month. Mainly city traffic/motorway commutes and crappy roads, with the occasional spanking... Would you go for sportlines or prolines?

yeah, both prolines and sportlines are very much the same in ride quality in my experience. if you want all out comfort then keep the std springs. if you want no drop in height but improved/tighter handling then prolines. and if you want a drop in height and improved/tighter handling then its sportlines.

6/468 17poo
Had sportlines on my 172 for 2 months now and cannot fault them, had the tracking done and its alot better now sticks to the road and thats with standard dampers. lowering wise its hardly noticable but it now stands how it should have come from the factory! Im glad my standard springs snapped otherwise i would never have opted for the sportlines!

Clio RS
read a lot of threads yesterday evening on the forum and going for pro's
I don't need my car low because it is my work horse and it sometimes carries just over 100kg in the boot so...

Stripped yozza'd cup
read a lot of threads yesterday evening on the forum and going for pro's
I don't need my car low because it is my work horse and it sometimes carries just over 100kg in the boot so...

Sportlines will still be fine.... No different to having two big lads in the back.
If I was buying springs again, I'd go for sportlines again, no question.