ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibachs or Mark Fish.....

Megane r26
Well me trophies dampers are due back anytime soon from cornering force. Now I fancy some different springs to give it a slightly better ride height/tyre wheel arch clearance.

Now I was set on the mark fish springs but hear of a few guys running sportlines. What are the main differences between the two? Spring rates, ride height, ride quality and price etc....

RX7 FD
Yea I have heard the MF springs are quite hardcore.

Love my sportlines mind. Improves the ride without compromising cornering ability!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I have Sportlines and don't think they offer any visible ride height difference to standard springs. On the plus side, the benefits, especially at low-speed on broken surfaces makes the car a much more comfortable place to be. At speed they are equally competent. Win-win!

The MF springs, however, give the Trophy a much lower stance - I think they look superb, no idea how they ride though.

Cooksport springs could be an alternative worth looking into.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
A vote for Cooksport here, I was amongst the first group of guys to fit them on here and they have been amazing IMO.

I have Sportlines and I think they are awesome. My car looks a fair amount lower than it did on standard springs too.

I have heard the Cooksport springs are also very good too though. I think Chip changed over from Sportlines to these and he recorded a few mm height reduction on average from memory.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Personally I would go for the Sportlines, purely as I found the MF ones too hard.

Re: the Cooksport's, they may well work with normal 1*2 dampers, but has anyone tried them on a Trophy?

Spring rate might be wrong for all we know.

Megane r26
Personally I would go for the Sportlines, purely as I found the MF ones too hard.

Re: the Cooksport's, they may well work with normal 1*2 dampers, but has anyone tried them on a Trophy?

Spring rate might be wrong for all we know.

This is my biggest concern, I want to buy something that is well matched to the dampers.

Trophy #276
I rate the MF springs over the standard setup.

It is pretty harsh, but comes down to what you're willing to put up with. I don't mind teeth rattling out etc...

On a positive note though, the turn in, composure and feedback improved noticeably with the switch to MF springs. Off throttle over steer is a much more predictable and controllable affair.

One chap (black gold) I think has cooksports on his T and mine will be going on shortly. It'll be interesting to see how they compare on the Sachs.

Megane r26
Some great advice and opinions chaps, part of me is saying go for the sportlines as it'll be more suited for day to day and more pleasurable on the road but when pushed it'll be nice and capable, other half is saying MF just for the slightly lower stance.

I fitted some cooksports on a 172 for a friend and I was throughly pleased with the ride height and the ride itself. Just wonder how well matched they are when it comes to the Sachs.......