ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Sunroof problem (Mk1)

Renault Laguna Coupe
Electric sunroof on a Mk1 (P reg). The motor turns but the sunroof doesn't open - can hear the gears clicking but it sounds like they are failing to stay engaged (bit like a load sensor on an electric window).

Any ideas? Or is this going to be an expensive trip to a dealer?

At least yours makes a noise - mine's given up the ghost completely and turns into an in-car-shower at the first sight of rain... lol

Can only really suggest taking it apart to have a look - but, as in my situation, how you're supposed to have a look at the innards when the damn thing won't open I don't know... :rolleyes:

Sorry I can't be more help! lol :)

Clio 1.8 16v
It's prob the gears inside the motor unit broken. Replaced a few of these at work now, there expensive though. Nearly £150 I think last time I looked. If you can get the part, it's not too hard to replace so could do it yourself
Chris