ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric to cable throttle conversion?

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
Hello,

After many faults with various things to do with the electric throttle I was wondering what would be required to go back to the old school cable throttle on a 172 ph2?

At a guess I would presume I need the

172 throttle body
cable
ecu
engine loom
sensors of some sort
pedal

any info would be appreciated,

and before people start, I'm not looking for better throttle response I personally would rather have cable that's all.

jack

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Cannot be done on a phase 1B/2 Sirus 34 unit i'm afraid as they're "pinned" and deigned to run drive-by-wire even if you managed to re-flash the unit with Ph1 software then there would be the additional wiring work. You could maybe do it with a decoded Phase 1 Sirus unit and a engine bay loom but again there will be differences in the loom pin schematics and lets be honest here the time, effort and cash spent will gain will you nothing but "meh" (IMO of course). I'm not one for telling people how to spend their cash but seriously, i'd urge you to not start down this path and just buy a Phase 1 if you must have it... it's not like they're expensive anymore.

I've had the 172 Cup converted to cable throttle and you'll need a stand alone ECU, if it's just for the above reason then as Mick has said tbh not worth it get a PHase 1, mines been done ready for mods in the future a the car is used for sprinting as a road going car.

Regards Russ......

Lionel Richie
Cannot be done on a phase 1B/2 Sirus 34 unit i'm afraid as they're "pinned" and deigned to run drive-by-wire even if you managed to re-flash the unit with Ph1 software then there would be the additional wiring work. You could maybe do it with a decoded Phase 1 Sirus unit and a engine bay loom but again there will be differences in the loom pin schematics and lets be honest here the time, effort and cash spent will gain will you nothing but "meh" (IMO of course). I'm not one for telling people how to spend their cash but seriously, i'd urge you to not start down this path and just buy a Phase 1 if you must have it... it's not like they're expensive anymore.

It can be (and has been) done, R-sport use to sell a conversion kit years back

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Fred, i can't see how it woukd be possible as the Siemens Sirus 34 (on the DBW firmware) doesn't have a physical pinned input for a TPS only pedal track 1 and track 2 from the potentiometer.

The only way I can think it could be done in the case of the X65 would be to run the V6 input switch which takes a cable driven sensor and converts it to a signal the ECU interprets as the two track values... but that's still not a true cable actuated TB setup.

Are you sure it was just a patch lead and not an ecu to?