ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric window help please

clio 1.6 16v
hi all, i have a 06 clio, 3 door, the electric window isnt working on drivers side, ive tested the motor thats fine, ive tried a switch out of a different car and even though that switch didnt have the e/mirrors switch on it it still opened the passenger side but not the drivers, ive taken nearly all the shroud off the wiring but cant see any breaks, also the the loom in the door, again can see no breaks, any ideas as to why its not working please, cause i cant fathom it out. thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have you used a test meter to test the continuity of the wires? They're about £5 delivered off eBay and are invaluable when chasing niggly (typical Renault) faults.

clio 1.6 16v
Have you used a test meter to test the continuity of the wires? They're about £5 delivered off eBay and are invaluable when chasing niggly (typical Renault) faults.
yes m8, my mechanic tested the power to everything and as far as he could tell it was the switch as it blew fuse whrn he pushed the tester in, he also put a seperate power supply to the motor and that worked, so i was thinking maybe a break between the switch and the motor but i can seem to find anything,