ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault - new fault. + update on old throttle fault

1.2 dynamique 2003
So, couple of months ago, i had the electrical fault like go on and car go into limp mode every so often for no reason, a reoccuring issue iv come across on here. Someone recommended unplugging the throttle switch in the footwell, i did and reconnected and problem completely disappeared. Whipee!....

Now i have a new problem, cant find anything that fits on the forums and i dont know if it could be related.
1st of all iv got a service light and abs light come on fortnite ago which i aint too bothered about.
Anyways..i travelled up to durham today to pick my son up(no issues with car apart from ones just mentioned) and as soon as i started the engine and set off on my way back to leeds, my engine fault light comes on and goes into limp mode. I figured it was the same problem iv had before...so i pulled up somewhere safe, restarted engine and checked the throttle switch to no avail. I then noticed that the engine was ticking over at 2k revs which isnt normal. I then attempted to move off but there was no power at all, i was on the slightests of incline and the car just couldnt pull away (unlike the times before iv had the car go ito limp mode).
Whilst in neutral i just put my foot down on accelerator and nothing is happening.
I then then turn engine off and on really quickly (no engine never really stopped) and the eletric fault light went off, acceleration returned and car was back to normal (+engine warnig light on).
I make it home no problem (100 mile journey),
As i get in my car again to go to my gf's. Same fault light came on again revving at 2k revs and as soon as press accelerator, the revs drop nearly to 0, amazed at how it doesnt conk out then return back to 2k revs.
Some how i dont think this is related to my first issue but i could be wrong, anyone else had this? If not any suspicions what it could be? Xx