ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

electrical fault on 52 reg megane

182 and cherokee 4.0
hi everyone.

i have a 52 reg. megane and it won't start. when you put the key card in and push the button either nothing happens or it comes up with 'electrical fault' on the dash. i have tried disconnecting the battery for a bit and it's still the same.

all the other electrics and everything else is working it just won't try to fire up. the battery itself is fine.

anyone know what this could be? could it be a fuse? if so which one? or starter motor?

any ideas or guidance would be most helpful,

thanks in advance,

tony.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Is it unlocking the column when the card is inserted? Really needs plugging in to say for sure i'm afraid chap as I doubt its fuse related. When was the last time it ran?

Mick

182 and cherokee 4.0
Is it unlocking the column when the card is inserted? Really needs plugging in to say for sure i'm afraid chap as I doubt its fuse related. When was the last time it ran?

Mick

the steering lock doesn't work mate so can't really tell. was fine until yesterday morning but started when i disconnected. then wouldn't start this morning. was fine before.

cheers, tony.