ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical oddities after long drive...

Morning all
I live near Derby, and last weekend I had to drive down to London to collect an engine, but that's basically irrelevant!

My car is a 54 plate 182 "Full Fat"

So, on the way back up I noticed some odd things starting to happen, which include:
- Blower fan cutting off for a few seconds every few minutes (on any speed setting) then coming back on.
- Cruise control cutting off when indicating left.
- Light on the dashboard for the rear(I think) fog light flashes when indicating left! (not sure if this also fires the external lamp as i haven't looked yet)

Also, but possibly not linked, the car usually starts first time, on the first turn. since the trip, now it takes ever-so slightly longer to start, like 1-2 more engine rotations to fire, this may just be that it needs a service/plugs.

I'm guessing that there's maybe a plug/connector somewhere that's either loose or corroded in the dash/steering column? Or a short??

Electrics start doing weird things when batteries start are on their way out.

Get to Halfrauds and ask if they can test your battery (if you don't have a multimeter thing yourself) - if it's on the way out, a new one might help.

Other than that, earths not being right can also create weird issues.