ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical problem on the dash

Renault clio 1.2 exp
I have a 2004 1.2 renault clio expression (quickshift).
For the last year I have been having a few problems with damp getting into the electrics that causes the dash to stop functioning, (no speedo, rev counter, fuel gauge, temp) I don't do much mileage in the car and it's not used every day in summer it's fine but once the wet weather comes along it's a problem.
Could anyone help me with what is getting damp and a possible fix

Clio 1.2 8v
How do you know it's damp causing the problem? I've got the same issue on my 2005 clio, I was thinking it may be a bad ground somewhere behind the dash.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Renault clio 1.2 exp
How do you know it's damp causing the problem? I've got the same issue on my 2005 clio, I was thinking it may be a bad ground somewhere behind the dash.

Once the car has had a good run the heat from the engine dries the engine bay and the dash comes back on after a while, I don't know if its the wiring getting damp or something else.

Clio 1.2 8v
I've been meaning to look into mine for a while, my Rev counter and fuel gage both dissappear together, also the horn is intermittent and the rear wiper plays up. I was thinking as it's all by the instrument cluster or controlled from there it must be in that area.

I'm off work now for 3 weeks so if the weather is good tomorrow I'll look into it and see what I find.